architectural + cityscapes photography #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its important to identify what you are trying to achieve in the beginning. It's not a straight forward scene to process given the lighting condition. I'll try to run through my processing work flow tonight and maybe with a side by side comparison.

Ok folks, here it is. I did not save the previous file as PSD so got to go through the process again for this. I usually go for simpler workflows so HDRs, bleedings, etc are out for me. Most of what I do is self-taught through experimenting and serves only as a guide.

I trusted the camera's metering and gotten an underexposed file. This is a new camera and I haven't got used to the LCD feedback and I have a bad habit of ignoring the histogram and go by the feel. My objective was to brighten up the photo so that the details in the buildings would start to show. I'm using PS6 to process my photos. So the first thing I did was to give the photo an extra 1 stop of exposure. Highlights were still in control. Then I went on to the levels, adjusting the brightness in the shadow and highlight area. No adjustment was done to mid tones. The is followed by vibrance adjustment and a little curve bending to brighten up the sky a little bit. Some minor adjustments to the horizon and verticals, sharpening and that's it.

Thanks for sharing the PP flow!

Hi all, interesting thread, I recently got time to PP some photos I took earlier in the month, here are they, feedback welcome, still very new in the world of photography =)
MB_Skyline_Sunset by cireyay, on Flickr
MB_Skyline_Sunset_2 by cireyay, on Flickr

for the top photo, I'm not sure how to remove the light coming out of the top of the building on the left. Any tips? I'm using Gimp, no photoshop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.