Upper Bukit Timah
www.arkitecturalphotography.com
architectural + cityscapes photography #10​
Greetings folks!! #10 is here and details as follows:-​

Date : 1st January 2012(Sunday)
Time : 6:00am
A photograph taken from the location

central business district by arkitectural photography, on Flickr​

Catching up with old pals and hoping to meet new friends in a brand new year. While doing that, we are more than happy to exchange thoughts on cityscapes photography with like-minded folks. You are more than welcomed to join us.

Participants
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Reserves
1)
2)

As this session will be weather-dependent, I will make an announcement on the morning itself if the session should go ahead or cancelled/postpone due to adverse weather. So do come back here for the latest update. Thank you.

architectural + cityscapes photography #10

Greetings folks!! #10 is here and details as follows:-

Catching up with old pals and hoping to meet new friends in a brand new year. While doing that, we are more than happy to exchange thoughts on cityscapes photography with like-minded folks. You are more than welcomed to join us.

Participants
1) sfoto100
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Reserves
1)
2)

As this session will be weather-dependent, I will make an announcement on the morning itself if the session should go ahead or cancelled/postpone due to adverse weather. So do come back here for the latest update. Thank you.

Last edited:
6 in the morning? Really? I really want to go but there's no feasible mode of transport that can bring me there at that time of the day. Is it okay if I come later? Like 7?

Hi, usually, I would encourage folks to be there by around 6:30am so that they can have ample time to set up. The morning blue hue will start to show at around that time so that would be a window of opportunity. No worries if you cannot get there on time. If its a good day, you can still get good light later in the morning. We usually stay until around 8:30am.

Participants
1) sfoto100
2) pasay
3)
4)
5)
6)

Reserves
1)
2)

6 in the morning? Really? I really want to go but there's no feasible mode of transport that can bring me there at that time of the day. Is it okay if I come later? Like 7?

the light in the sky start to change from black to blue to golden (if we are fortunate) or it simply just turn bright...
this is a good opportunity for you to observe how the changing light can affect your photo within a span of merely around half an hour.
save some money and take cab and reach there at 6am. :)

Last edited:
the light in the sky start to change from black to blue to golden (if we are fortunate) or it simply just turn bright...
this is a good opportunity for you to observe how the changing light can affect your photo within a span of merely around half an hour.
save some money and take cab and reach there at 6am. :)

Haha, not so much a transport problem, but I do have a curfew of the earliest I'm allowed to leave the house ^^" Gotta miss the best part then. I'll have to jump in at around 7 >.<

Participants
1) sfoto100
2) pasay
3) aiest
4)
5)
6)

Reserves
1)
2)

Participants
1) sfoto100
2) pasay
3) aiest
4) Canonised
5)
6)

Reserves
1)
2)

Side-note: where is the best place (nearest to location) to park my car at that hour?

I would park at the wilson parking beside MBS. Don't think I can wake up early that day. :(

Participants
1) sfoto100
2) pasay
3) aiest
4) Canonised
5) Squid
6)

Reserves
1)
2)

Participants
1) sfoto100
2) pasay
3) aiest
4) Canonised
5) Squid
6) thoongeng

Reserves
1)
2)

Participants
1) sfoto100
2) pasay
3) aiest
4) Canonised
5) Squid
6) thoongeng

Reserves
1) Shahrie
2)

The Car park opens only after 7am? I thought Marina Square is nearer but carpark also start from 7am.

If before 6am, maybe the computer will charge overnight rate?

hmm seems like will charge overnight rate
according to coolthought's link: URA Bayfront car park is $1.20/hr 7am to 7am the next day
looks like Ritz Carlton is nearer and cheaper than Marina Square too: $2 for 1st 2hrs, $1 for next subsequent hr from 7am to 7am the following day
(The Ritz Carlton, Millenia Singapore Car Park | Carpark & Parking Rates & Charges - sgCarMart)
Marina Barrage is free, anyone knows if the Gardens by the Bay walkway towards Marina Bay Sands is open? If not then it will be a long walk heh

hope i can borrow car, if not will be a little late... 1st bus/mrt start a little later on Sun/PH =(

Last edited:
It's ok to join my gear only 5d and 17-40

91068902 my contact what is needed assembly where, specific area please. Please drop me SMS, I'm interested to have some friends

It's ok to join my gear only 5d and 17-40

91068902 my contact what is needed assembly where, specific area please. Please drop me SMS, I'm interested to have some friends

I'll have you in the reserves as the 6 spots has been filled.

yes please, thanks a lot bro happy new year:)