Aracnophobia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ice

Here's 2 pics of my pet tarantula:rbounce:

Spider_1.jpg

Spider_2.jpg

Getting the eyes......hey that's a cool idea. This time, I'm gonna take spidy out of the tank and see if I can get him to remain still and get a good close up :)

Maybe even a couple of poses. FYI spidy is actually a Chilian Rose Hair Tarantula for those of you who are interested.

By the way anyone out there also keeping Tarantulas?
I'm thinking of getting a new pet....maybe an Iguana....they are totally cool, but unfortunately very expensive :(

Originally posted by Ice
Getting the eyes......hey that's a cool idea. This time, I'm gonna take spidy out of the tank and see if I can get him to remain still and get a good close up :)

Maybe even a couple of poses. FYI spidy is actually a Chilian Rose Hair Tarantula for those of you who are interested.

By the way anyone out there also keeping Tarantulas?
I'm thinking of getting a new pet....maybe an Iguana....they are totally cool, but unfortunately very expensive :(

I thought keeping exotic pets is not allowed in Singapore?:dunno:

Yep!! It's illegal....but what the hell....keeping normal pets are like soo dull everybody seem to have them.....a tarantula make an excellent conversation piece;)

By the way I also have 2 siamese cats and a chihuahua :)

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Ice: Illegal is illegal.

This picture is linked to Offstone, and was not taken by me:

3953.jpg

Smart way. A picture speaks a thousand words.:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Ok.. these are scary stuff... :eek: :eek: where did u took it? looks very dangerious

Well I keep spidy in a tank....he's favourite foods are big fat juicy crickets, meal worms and occasionally small baby mice :)

Best thing about keeping a tarantula is, it can go for more than 6 months without food or water.....and you don't have to take it for a walk or bath it :D

Pretty neat huh?

Originally posted by Ice
Well I keep spidy in a tank....he's favourite foods are big fat juicy crickets, meal worms and occasionally small baby mice :)

Best thing about keeping a tarantula is, it can go for more than 6 months without food or water.....and you don't have to take it for a walk or bath it :D

Pretty neat huh?

Cool..where you get it ? How much?

Originally posted by siron

Cool..where you get it ? How much?

Got it from a guy I met at a pet exhibition about 6 or 7 years ago. The weird thing is, most male tarantula can only live about 3 to 4 years. Spidy is already 8 years old and still going strong :D

Originally posted by Ice

Got it from a guy I met at a pet exhibition about 6 or 7 years ago. The weird thing is, most male tarantula can only live about 3 to 4 years. Spidy is already 8 years old and still going strong :D

Cool! Is it posionous anyway?

Cool! Is it posionous anyway?

All spiders are posionous, but they normally only strike when threatened. The bite is painful, but the posion is only deadly to those who are allergic. for most of us, it should only be the pain...

Originally posted by Ice

All spiders are posionous, but they normally only strike when threatened. The bite is painful, but the posion is only deadly to those who are allergic. for most of us, it should only be the pain...

have u got bitten b4?

have u got bitten b4?

Nope not yet....hope I never do....I only play with him after he's eaten, so he won't be so hungry:)

Wow you actually take it out and play with him ahh??

Only once in a long long while ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.