APS is not dead.....yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
Aimed at the most active segment of APS picture-takers, the six new cameras, including one at a new low price, will be unveiled at photokina, the world's largest photographic trade show, in Cologne, Germany next month. At the same time, Kodak suspended the previously announced launch of the Advantix Easy Share camera, a camera designed to give consumers both a digital image and a film picture at the same time.

More over here

But then again...few people use APS...difficult to push up the market demand...especially when digital is the "in" thing now...

not eveyone is as IT savvy as us. Some only knows load the film, shoot, develop.

Simple.

My local photo finisher, which also happens to be the HQ for a largish chain of 'Kodak' stores doesn't have an APS machine.
One of the staff there told me he doesn't think the company will buy any more APS machines as the format is slowly dying off.

APS machines are now all being 'upgraded' to print digital media files. Since my local shop doesn't have an APS machine to upgrade they can't print digital media in house, except via the Image-Magic machine.

APS will be replaced by cheap 2mp digitals in 2 or 3 years i'd bet.

VHS still serviving.
VCD is dead in America/Canada.

Why? coz the quality of VCD sucks.

Originally posted by ninelives
VHS still serviving.
VCD is dead in America/Canada.

Why? coz the quality of VCD sucks.

VCD thrived here becos of the pirates, based in HK China Msia etc. and so will DVD LOL..

Originally posted by denizenx

VCD thrived here becos of the pirates, based in HK China Msia etc. and so will DVD LOL..

DVD is hot is US, because of the quality.

wat am i trying to say is APS vs Digital is like VHS vs VCD.

APS will die as its neither cheap nor have good resolution. 35mm and digital will dominate.

Originally posted by ninelives

DVD is hot is US, because of the quality.

wat am i trying to say is APS vs Digital is like VHS vs VCD.

then DVD = SLR/SDLR?

only if the price is right hehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.