APS camera vs 35mmSLR for learning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know APS is probably more convenient cuz it captures the settings of your pictures, while the SLR is unable to provide this luxury. So, as a beginner, will it suffice for me to start out with and APS rather than with an SLR?

Originally posted by kristlbel
I know APS is probably more convenient cuz it captures the settings of your pictures, while the SLR is unable to provide this luxury. So, as a beginner, will it suffice for me to start out with and APS rather than with an SLR?

Start out with an SLR. The APS cameras probably are too limiting already. Quality is also not very good. Besides, APS is going to die soon. Very soon.

A basic SLR setup should not cost you more than $400-$500 or so, including lens.

Regards
CK

APS is not really advisable if you wanna get into serious photog. the film types are severely limited, and if you wanna get the SLR types, the lens are also very very limited. for nikon, you can only use IS lens. if it's P&S, i guess APS is ok but still...

also, the panoramic mode is not true panoramic. it's actually the normal 35mm size cropped down.

thks ck and firefox.

i do have an slr. but i think it's too much for me to handle at the moment, that's why. the functions are overwhelming for me as i am a P&S person.

unless your slr is a older manual type, you should be able to point and shoot with your SLR. I point and shoot most of the time. :)

thks ck and firefox.

i do have an slr. but i think it's too much for me to handle at the moment, that's why. the functions are overwhelming for me as i am a P&S person.

Originally posted by erwinx
unless your slr is a older manual type, you should be able to point and shoot with your SLR. I point and shoot most of the time. :)

hehe. using my SLR on only program mode is quite a waste. i own a nikon f80. and yes, i bring the manual along w me :p

hehe. using my SLR on only program mode is quite a waste. i own a nikon f80. and yes, i bring the manual along w me :p
try playing with AP mode first lor, to play with DoF, then slowly move into SP mode for faster shots or effects... that's how most people start out and what the experts recommend (at least that's what i'm told). :D

yup..i also start off w AP, then use SP to get those waterfall effect

Status
Not open for further replies.