APS-C in a compact?

For people who have missed their good old rangefinder camera. Fujifilm has given those an affordable option (although still expensive) as compare to Leica.

Nothing new really. Though sony came up withe r1, it is not exactly compact. The sigma dp1 was the first compact apsc sized sensor digital camera. They followed it up with the dp2.

Last edited:
Looks pretty sick to me .. hope its more affordable compared to the M9

will this mean the end for dslrs???

doubt it...

there are people who use dSLR only with prime lens, so why can't we have a compact with prime lens?:dunno:

will this mean the end for dslrs???

What nonsense. This is the same stuff that was asked 2-3 years ago when the first such cameras were released and the m4/3 cameras.

What nonsense. This is the same stuff that was asked 2-3 years ago when the first such cameras were released and the m4/3 cameras.

but with biggers sensors and interchangeable lenses, won't compacts soon have the capability of dslrs? less the weight and size.

but with biggers sensors and interchangeable lenses, won't compacts soon have the capability of dslrs? less the weight and size.

At this point, these camera systems are for different target group la. Maybe dSLR will revert back to pro usage mainly, while the rest of happy-go-lucky shooter will use such system instead. Though, it is just my view.

At this point, these camera systems are for different target group la. Maybe dSLR will revert back to pro usage mainly, while the rest of happy-go-lucky shooter will use such system instead. Though, it is just my view.

This may possibly be the future of photography. Hobbyists turning to compacts with DSLR capabilities for the portability, maybe even pocketability. Heck, maybe even pros will go the portable way. Less equipment to lug around.

Do you see DSLRs dying out because of the NEX? Nope. If anything, photogs are buying these as lightweight travel/backup cams.

Did some research and the expected price is around 1K-1.5K USD

This may possibly be the future of photography. Hobbyists turning to compacts with DSLR capabilities for the portability, maybe even pocketability. Heck, maybe even pros will go the portable way. Less equipment to lug around.

Err... Bro, that is one BIG maybe wo...

I have been jalan-jalan with pro shooter and seeing some interesting/expensive stuff they been using, trust me, camera system is not something pro shooter will happy-happy change just because is easy to carry around.

So far, from what I see, some PnS system that can rival dSLR's image quality in some situation, but none has the full capabilities of a dSLR.

If there is such future, I don't think it will be near future.

Err... Bro, that is one BIG maybe wo...

I have been jalan-jalan with pro shooter and seeing some interesting/expensive stuff they been using, trust me, camera system is not something pro shooter will happy-happy change just because is easy to carry around.

So far, from what I see, some PnS system that can rival dSLR's image quality in some situation, but none has the full capabilities of a dSLR.

If there is such future, I don't think it will be near future.

Just speculating. =X BUT some hobbyist MIGHT want to convert to compacts (like me) IF they can produce comparable results and speed. :) chill all. Just my own humble opinion.

PS: I'm still using a DSLR purely because of the speed and IQ, as compared to compacts.

Last edited: