Appreciation to Clubsnap 10th Anniversary Event..

Dan

Jan 8, 2004
Firstly, I like to thank the organizer, the speaker and the photo walk photographer for giving their precious time holding this event.

CS Dinner
What to Expect?
Dinner are carried out in a very social way that we get to meet many new friends and old buddy. Lots of talking, chit chatting. Furthermore we get a good closeup with the minister. Not to forget the founding members and moderator who maintaining the Clubsnap site...everyday. The final event was cake cutting which also celebrated with Eddie's birthday.....

CS Talk
Any benefit?
For the talk, I think this is the most beneficial to all the people attending it. You not only able to hear, listen and see beautiful picture. You also get to understand how each of the speakers has experience over the years the result they has come out. I'm amazed by what I see in the slideshow. Furthermore, not only we can attend so many talk within 2 days, it is totally free. Where to find?

CS photo walk
What to Gain?
Like most of the outing, this is different. You will submit your pictures, and will have critics by the leaders, for free. Another great outing is by Indonesia IR expert which arrive for this event. I think he's the only few who can take IR portrait with correct skin tone. He is also expert in IR camera mod.

Advertising
What to Buy?
Photographer without a tools is not a photographer. We get close, touch and molest some of the high-end cameras in the market now. Even medium format digital back. Your eye is just as big as your mouth... Don't think you can do this in major shopping centers or camera shop....

Overall, I congratulate all the people behind putting this successful event. Wish Clubsnap have another 10, 20 or more years to come...

I also like everyone to put A BIG THANKS to the organizer...

Dan

I offer my heartfelt appreciation and gratitude to all the hard work put in by the Admins/Mods/organizing comittee/sponsors/speakers/volunteers. I understand the hard work and sacrifice you all put in and made this event so successful.

Especially to PE who took the lead to organize this event and the past 1st Friday @ SAM. Also giving time and getting stressed out doing all the organizing and logistics.

Special thanks to Eddie who was putting himself on the line by getting so many units of Olympus OM-D and Fuji X-pro1 for photowalk attendees to try out!

A big thanks to Chris for ordering and QC'ing the wonderful food for the dinner on Friday.

And a big big special thanks to Sebastian for taking care of all the registration/attendance lists and registration booths.

And special thanks to admins (Chris, TTL, Alan, Yi Chao, Mingyu) of ASIA for organizing and leading the street photography photowalks on both days.

And a especially big thanks to all of the silent and invisible volunteers and helpers for this event!

Last edited:
I second what Dan had mentioned yet, thoroughly enjoyed my three days spent there, learned new stuff and made some new frens as well

though i couldn't make it due to work, and i really wanted to go down, i know the hard work that was put in.

Thanks to the Admin and Mods!

To pull this one to a successful finish is no easy small task.

Never seen any other online photo site has done something on such ambitious scale.

To those who are part of the team, don't forget to put it in your resume because employers look for such leadership, teamwork and organizing ability.

So far I've only read about 99.99% positive feedback with only one lone voice of dissent.

Let's look forward to another 10 years of optimism, success and fun!

Oh...I loved the duck roll for dinner!!! Yum Yum!! Good choice of caterer Chris!! :)

Thanks to the mods, committee, volunteers, sponsors, local and overseas speakers for putting this together. It's all hardwork and efforts that you peeps have put in. I had a great time trying out the various lens and cameras (of course, being poisoned as well! lol). The talks which I attended were awesome! I learnt more and understand from different perspectives.

Thanks to the CS founders who found this community, allowing photographers to share their passion in here!!!

I'm proud to be part of this community and through CS, i found many like-minded good friends! I'm truly grateful!

Keep up the good work!!!! :cheergal::cheergal::cheer gal:

Pssst: Brother PE, come come I buy you Kopi-O Gao Gao....

Last edited:
This tenth year anniversary events is a culmination of all the hard work and money put in through the years. I am sure that there will be many more good years to come. Big thank you to all the moderators,admins,speakers,volunteers and sponsors for all these years and make this CS 10th year Anniversary event a success. It is a great place to meet like minded people and share a common passion. I am all for the decision and action to educate responsibility and never take anything for granted.

Well said Dan. Kudos to those who made the event a success :)

My sincere thanks for moderators,admins,speakers and sponsors for the great successful event. I have been there in both days and have seen Moderators and Admins hard work on those three days..

I had an opportunity to see and interact with CS Pillars Alex, Adam, Eddie, James...

Thank you guys and looking forward to next event..

I thank all that have help in one way or another for the opportunity to meet up with all the wonderful people that I met. I enjoyed very much at the dinner with clubsnap members and alike. I too benefited a lot from the fantastic talks by the respective guest speakers. They are Professionals in their respective specialty fields and yet are also very friendly and approachable in the questions and answers session. I learnt much knowledge from their experiences via the talks.

Once again, i salute the organizers, moderators and members for a job well done.

I thank all that have help in one way or another for the opportunity to meet up with all the wonderful people that I met. I enjoyed very much at the dinner with clubsnap members and alike. I too benefited a lot from the fantastic talks by the respective guest speakers. They are Professionals in their respective specialty fields and yet are also very friendly and approachable in the questions and answers session. I learnt much knowledge from their experiences via the talks.

Once again, i salute the organizers, moderators and members for a job well done.

You guys CANNOT imagine what a morale booster these words mean to us. It made all that work and sweat worth it.

Sincerely, most of us do the work silently and there are ALOT more mods involved in the background than the few of us who are seen working publicly.

The silent mods were busy with the following ... AND MORE (just too much to list out)

1 Catering work

2 Putting dinner invites together and sending out and collecting RSVPs

3 Getting the t-shirt designs ready and printed

4 Getting all the audio-visual logistics up and running (AND making sure we have all the different silly adaptors are ready for the various types of ports on the different Mac Books that the speakers brought with them )

5 Managing the sign-ups (mostly manually hor )

6 Managing the actual day registrations

7 Designing the program and talk topics

8 Getting the various speakers to confirm and commit to doing their talks

9 Getting the right speakers to the correct workshop rooms .... and making sure they get correct sized t-shirts

10 Getting speaker bios and talk sypnosis' properly edited and published

11 Getting the newspaper ad designed, laid out properly and running the ad

12 Liasing with the Ministry to get the Minister of State to grace our opening dinner

13 Canvassing and getting sponsors to fund the event

14 Collecting and distributing newly released cameras among CS'ers to play with ... and making sure everything is returned in one piece

15 Printing of posters and distributing them among the camera stores in town

16 Arranging hotel rooms and flights in and out for the various South East Asian photography forum reps

17 Laying out ALL the chairs in all locations (SAM just provides the stacks of chairs) and putting and stacking all the chairs back again on Sunday

18 Manning and managing the t-shirt sales cum Information Counter in front of the glass hall

19 Yeah..... and area cleaning too

AND thank you too the various regular CS'ers who volunteered and gave of your time and effort in helping out too

Last edited:
thanks for all the hard work to make this event possible! really appreciate the opportunity to learn and talk to the speakers for the talks that i attended. organisation and registration was very smooth and orderly. no issues at all. enjoyed myself and most importantly gain much valuable knowledge from the event. :)

The choice of venue was good because location is convenient.

In one of the talks, I did not like the way 1 member of the audience tried to dominate the talk by a string of non-stop questions on technical points to the speaker. Maybe he wanted to demonstrate that he knows a lot about the topic or that he knows more than the speaker.
I don't like audience members who heckle speakers in talks. It is bad manners. This is regardless of whether the speaker was good or bad. If you think the speaker is not good, then quietly leave the room.

Last edited:
ricohflex said:

In one of the talks, I did not like the way 1 member of the audience tried to dominate the talk by a string of non-stop questions on technical points to the speaker. Maybe he wanted to demonstrate that he knows a lot about the topic or that he knows more than the speaker.
I don't like audience members who heckle speakers in talks. It is bad manners. This is regardless of whether the speaker was good or bad. If you think the speaker is not good, then quietly leave the room.

That I member of audience just want attention to himself......

Thanks for the feedback will consider asking audience to hold back questions until AFTER the presentation for future talks