Apple Studio/Cinema Display compatible with XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splutter

Dec 28, 2003
Gim Boon Tai
www.splutterphotography.com
Hihi,

I was thinking of getting a new LCD for my com. I'm currently using a ATI radeon 9800PRO with a Samsung SyncMaster 152T. I think the dynamic range is rather limited when it comes to black and white.

Is anyone using apple Studio or Cinema? Read about some compability issues like no boot up screen and inability to off monitor manually. Does this problem still exist?

On the other hand, are there any good CRTs for digital imaging? Sony monitors seem to have dissapeared from the market, cant find their prices on hardwarezone :dunno:

Thanks for helping out here :D

Splutter said:
Hihi,

I was thinking of getting a new LCD for my com. I'm currently using a ATI radeon 9800PRO with a Samsung SyncMaster 152T. I think the dynamic range is rather limited when it comes to black and white.

Is anyone using apple Studio or Cinema? Read about some compability issues like no boot up screen and inability to off monitor manually. Does this problem still exist?

On the other hand, are there any good CRTs for digital imaging? Sony monitors seem to have dissapeared from the market, cant find their prices on hardwarezone :dunno:

Thanks for helping out here :D

the keyword is calibration.. any CRT monitor is fine.. as long as you have the colour profile available.. eg NEC, AOC all these have calibration profiles for u to load into PS.. calibrate it and you're good to go.. btw apple cinema ain't that accurate off the shelf either.. using one at work and still have to use the normal CRT to preview before output.. it seems to show too much range our xerox and HP plotters ain't capable of printing..

Status
Not open for further replies.