Apple - September 12: Anyone eagerly awaiting to see what is new?

phoeniix

Sep 13, 2011
Toa Payoh
I'm no longer on the iPhone 5 bandwagon but I do hope that the Ipad mini is announced. Need a newer and lighter apple device. Still using a 1st gen iPad as buying a 2nd or 3rd don't seem to make much sense to me.

Just nice to know what is new only.

I'm no longer on the iPhone 5 bandwagon but I do hope that the Ipad mini is announced. Need a newer and lighter apple device.

The trouble with the iPad mini if it IS 7" would be that it would be quite a pain to read magazines on apps like Zinio. Of course there may be a text mode but it's not the same. Of course if you watch videos and surf the net it would be ok.

i wonder if anyone is going to short APPL ahead of disappointment of its new product ;(

i wonder if anyone is going to short APPL ahead of disappointment of its new product ;(

Not a chance. Expect the stock to rise again.

The key will be if HTC can block the import if the iPhone5 to the USA for violations of 4G patents. ;)

ipad mini not expected to be announced on sept 12 but on another date in october. True or not only tim cook can answer u.

my contract ended months back... waiting for Singapore launch to ditch my iPhone4...

will be checking tech forums on Thursday morning but I won't be staying up the whole Wednesday night.

ipad mini not expected to be announced on sept 12 but on another date in october. True or not only tim cook can answer u.

yeah last I heard was that the mini was supposed to be launched in Oct as well. Was just hoping to hear it tomorrow. Other than that, it's been pretty stale on their side and the products that have been appearing. I guess if I can stand reading off an iPhone 4 screen, a 7" one would be something of a "bonus" i guess. We'll see what goes on.

This morning just finally saw the iPhone 5 was quite impression.

Can add one more column of icon.

Just wait and see for some new user feedback.

This morning just finally saw the iPhone 5 was quite impression.

Can add one more column of icon.

Just wait and see for some new user feedback.

I think you are easily impressed.

Some things come to mind...

1. Apple finally caught up to the late 2011/early 2012 Android phones
2. Apple changed the screen format to 16:9, but did not make is 720p compliant, unlike half the android phones out there.
3. Apple gave you a 5th row of icons. Uhm. Yay?
4. Apple changed the plug connector to the "Lightning" connector (essentially a modified USB 3.0). Since AMD owns trademarks on the "Lightning Interconnects" I wonder if there's a nice lawsuit waiting (Go AMD! Milk theeeeem!). This means you will need to buy a 30-50 SGD adapter to re-use your old speakers and other peripherals. Since there is a logic circuit in the plug, it may take a while for cheap china knock-offs to arrive.
5. I have no doubt it will play games and run very smooth - designing the OS for only one platform allows many optimizations.
6. They included LTE (Samsung and HTC should be filing their lawsuits today)
7. Dual-band WiFi (nice update, brings it up to other current Android phones)

Aaaaand that's basically it really... Nothing that would "wow" anyone.

I see. I saw Singtel is preparing for the sale from 21 Sep 2012. Maybe can get further discount while upgrade and continue my contract with them.

Yup, September 21 is official availability/shipping date. September 14 is pre-order date.