I'm no longer on the iPhone 5 bandwagon but I do hope that the Ipad mini is announced. Need a newer and lighter apple device. Still using a 1st gen iPad as buying a 2nd or 3rd don't seem to make much sense to me.
The trouble with the iPad mini if it IS 7" would be that it would be quite a pain to read magazines on apps like Zinio. Of course there may be a text mode but it's not the same. Of course if you watch videos and surf the net it would be ok.
yeah last I heard was that the mini was supposed to be launched in Oct as well. Was just hoping to hear it tomorrow. Other than that, it's been pretty stale on their side and the products that have been appearing. I guess if I can stand reading off an iPhone 4 screen, a 7" one would be something of a "bonus" i guess. We'll see what goes on.
1. Apple finally caught up to the late 2011/early 2012 Android phones
2. Apple changed the screen format to 16:9, but did not make is 720p compliant, unlike half the android phones out there.
3. Apple gave you a 5th row of icons. Uhm. Yay?
4. Apple changed the plug connector to the "Lightning" connector (essentially a modified USB 3.0). Since AMD owns trademarks on the "Lightning Interconnects" I wonder if there's a nice lawsuit waiting (Go AMD! Milk theeeeem!). This means you will need to buy a 30-50 SGD adapter to re-use your old speakers and other peripherals. Since there is a logic circuit in the plug, it may take a while for cheap china knock-offs to arrive.
5. I have no doubt it will play games and run very smooth - designing the OS for only one platform allows many optimizations.
6. They included LTE (Samsung and HTC should be filing their lawsuits today)
7. Dual-band WiFi (nice update, brings it up to other current Android phones)
Aaaaand that's basically it really... Nothing that would "wow" anyone.