Apple Mac mini - Wow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Ok ... I am officially jumping back onto the Apple Mac platform with this new baby - Apple Mac mini

sweet!

sonix said:
Wow. how much you bought?
Errr can't buy yet as its not shipping - January 29th is the estimated availability in Singapore ... but just jumped over to the Apple SG site and configured one as below

• 1.42GHz PowerPC G4
• 512MB DDR333 SDRAM - 1 DIMM
• 80GB Ultra ATA drive
• SuperDrive (CD-RW/DVD-R)
• AirPort Extreme Card
• Wireless Keyboard and Mouse kit
• 56K v.92 Modem
• Mac OS X
• Accessory kit

S$1,748.55

Darren said:
Errr can't buy yet as its not shipping - January 29th is the estimated availability in Singapore ... but just jumped over to the Apple SG site and configured one as below

• 1.42GHz PowerPC G4
• 512MB DDR333 SDRAM - 1 DIMM
• 80GB Ultra ATA drive
• SuperDrive (CD-RW/DVD-R)
• AirPort Extreme Card
• Wireless Keyboard and Mouse kit
• 56K v.92 Modem
• Mac OS X
• Accessory kit

S$1,748.55

Now this makes me wanna have on too. Gimme gimme pls. Jan 29 eh? I'll be waiting!

best lah! just need to hook up with existing KB and LCD, and u're good to go! and looks damn cool too... :lovegrin:

nightwolf75 said:
best lah! just need to hook up with existing KB and LCD, and u're good to go! and looks damn cool too... :lovegrin:

So Sam you getting one? Or are you still collecting lens?:bsmilie:

jbma said:
So Sam you getting one? Or are you still collecting lens?:bsmilie:

nah! got my 2nd-hand PB already. will only consider this when my Dell PC goes kaput.

however, its a big big headache looking for mac versions of the software i'm using now. i just found out last nite dat my optik verve plugins only work for win version of PS not mac. :cry:

nightwolf75 said:

Need to be an LCD monitor?

nightwolf75 said:
nah! got my 2nd-hand PB already. will only consider this when my Dell PC goes kaput.

however, its a big big headache looking for mac versions of the software i'm using now. i just found out last nite dat my optik verve plugins only work for win version of PS not mac. :cry:
True true! But even if I get this I will not abandon my PC. It will live side by side. Reason being some software I currently use needs it. Same goes with Linux. So now multiple boot on my PC. But this Mac is really cool man.

nightwolf75 said:
from my mac frens, this is like those shoebox PC - sold without KB or LCD.

ah...coz im a pc user...wondering if i get this, would i be able to hook up with my existing monitor. :p
lol no LCD

sbs99 said:
ah...coz im a pc user...wondering if i get this, would i be able to hook up with my existing monitor. :p
lol no LCD

can wat. just get a simple data switch to toggle bet ur PC and mac, and u can share KB and screen already. think the proper name for the switch is called KVM? mebbe the tech gurus can help me out here. :embrass:

nightwolf75 said:
can wat. just get a simple data switch to toggle bet ur PC and mac, and u can share KB and screen already. think the proper name for the switch is called KVM? mebbe the tech gurus can help me out here. :embrass:
Probably just need a KVM switch that can handle keyboard and mouse. I think Apple lists one on the online store under accessories.

Your existing monitor? The Mac mini comes with both DVI and standard VGA inputs. ;)

Unless u wanna toggle between your Windows (bleah) PC and Mac, get a KVM switch. But dump dat Windows. U're better off on a Mac. Honestly. ;)

NW75: Selamat pagi ;)
Actually if u look hard enuff, there are Mac alternatives to certain software. I believe one of your colleagues passed u some plugins yesterday right? ;) hehehehe....

I wonder how is the performance.

USD499 becomes SGD1700+
can buy in US than 'smuggle' in? :p

sillyme said:

USD499 becomes SGD1700+

Darren made changes to the specs and opt for higher-end CPU.

USD499 model is selling at S$928.

sillyme said:

USD499 becomes SGD1700+
eh? what exchange rate are you using?

US$1 : S$1.65 approx ... making US$499 ~ S$824

Anyway, this Mac mini would hook up to my LCD monitor (which has two inputs) and since its so small, can be placed almost anywhere on/under the desk (maybe even on top of my existing PC and with a USB/FW hub so that I can plug in peripherals easily).

I can just about visualise the Mac mini living side-by-side with my PC ... ;p

Adam Goi said:
It's damn chio ... urgh! :think:

How come nowadays all the minis are so chio? First it's O2 XDAII Mini and now this ...

So when u getting? Your shopping list getting longer and longer as years goes by ;p

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Wah~ sibeh chio hor..$1700+ very good price leh..cheaper than ibook..

Status
Not open for further replies.