--- Apple iPad

Would you buy iPad?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael

Deregistered
Jul 5, 2007
Who's buying iPad when it becomes available?
www.apple.com/ipad/

Last edited:
pre-ordering 3 of them

Of course buying! I am waiting for an Apple mobile internet device with screen larger than iPhone :heart:

i'll wait for the apps that make full use of this device first

in the next 60 days, there are going to be too many of them to count. Developers would have started working on them already. It will only take a few weeks for an app to be completely made.

Really got no use for it. This product doesn't falls anywhere, it is not here nor there, not powerful enough to do office work and is too big to carry around just for multimedia. Maybe if you are a student, this is a great product for you.

the gadget is useless on its own
it really depends on the apps

just like the iPhone, without the apps, it is just another oversized phone

basically an upsized iPhone... but it works for me. would be nicer if the screen is as large as the body. don't quite like the thick borders. anyway, will wait and see if price is right. at US$499 onwards... looks promising.

From the presentation video, looks like the Safari browser still lack support for Flash content. :thumbsd:

http://www.benzinga.com/markets/company-news/101862/is-the-ipad-truly-magical-and-revolutionary-aapl

And there's no question this thing will sell like hotcakes; legions of rabid Apple fans would swarm into Apple stores and buy them by the truckload even if it was perpetually on fire, reeked of sulphur and brimstone, and indwelt by a demon.

:bsmilie:

We all know that. I'm just not convinced that it is superior to a laptop. A netbook? Sure, I'll buy that. A Kindle? Maybe. The breaking point, I guess, is whether or not the capabilities of the iPad justify the price, seeing as how a netbook that is perfectly suitable for its purpose can be bought for as little as $250 and a Kindle only costs $259. I don't intend on buying an iPad; I have a laptop that works great and does everything an iPad can do and more, and I don't mind the extra 3 pounds and three inches to carry around. That's why I have a travel bag.

:thumbsup:

iKotex? Another lame product :bsmilie:

who say got no use

- use it for waitress to take order
- photographers use to show off portfolio
- prospective employees use iPad to show off CV
- property agent and insurance agent can use during road show
- education - lots of uses
- can use as canvas ...drawing...
- use in survey on the streets

the gadget is useless on its own
it really depends on the apps

just like the iPhone, without the apps, it is just another oversized phone

- internet is useless with websites too
- computer is useless if there is no programs

so what's the diff?

Really got no use for it. This product doesn't falls anywhere, it is not here nor there, not powerful enough to do office work and is too big to carry around just for multimedia. Maybe if you are a student, this is a great product for you.

1ghz should be powerful enough to handle office work. There are older computers out there doing office work.

The question is what type of office work and the software required.

Personally I won't buy it because it doesn't help me save more time or money. I judge technology only by those two criteria.

how do you know it's not powerful enough? it's not even available to try.
don't tell me you went to the conference.

What do you need for office work? It already has office applications available. No one needs a 2 GHz dual core processor to write documents or create slideshows.

From the presentation video, looks like the Safari browser still lack support for Flash content. :thumbsd:

All browsers are going away from Flash content, even on the desktop since HTML 5 has provisions for audio and video. There are even open source audio and video codecs, so who needs Flash really?

I am not surprised with the results of this poll thus far, just look at how Apple share price slided sharply right after iPad is announced and it closed at $199.29 yesterday a -4.13% drop :eek: I own many Apple products, Imac, Mac-mini, a couple of Macbook Pro and a few ipods but this is the first time that Apple has launched something that did not arouse my interest, seriously. Who are the people who will buy this? Maybe students and of course those zealous Apple fanboys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.