Apple Fires a Manager Over Its Misfire Maps

The last straw was when the Manager came in late for work using his own product, which led to him driving to Holland...

Shizuma said:
The last straw was when the Manager came in late for work using his own product, which led to him driving to Holland...

He got tired driving in infinite loop and opt for a mountain view instead

"it was widely criticized over incorrect addresses, misplaced landmarks and misleading driving directions."

Very high tech way to get lost :bsmilie:

Best Christmas present to the person you hate to see.

Most likely the manager design it for his father-in-laws :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Meaningless.

A lousy general commanded his troops to charge against machine gun nests. When the troops got massacred, the general blames it on the captain for the troops not charging fast enough.

The general (Tim Cook in Apple's case) should be removed.

Sacking people after the whole thing blown up worldwide?
Isn't it a bit too late? Learn from your predecessor. Sack incompetent people during the development.

There was a saying among apple staff that if you take the lift with Steve Jobs, you may no longer have your job when you exit it.

Last edited:
Sacking people after the whole thing blown up worldwide?
Isn't it a bit too late? Learn from your predecessor. Sack incompetent people during the development.

There was a saying among apple staff that if you take the lift with Steve Jobs, you may no longer have your job when you exit it.

Is Steve Jobs nick name "Steal Jobs " ? :bsmilie:

out source to the brilliant graduates from Indian Institute of Technology

More firing at the fruit company .... do you think it will change for the better?:)

Apple Fires a Manager Over Its Misfire on Maps - NYTimes.com

Apple mobile Maps have helped to divert a bank robbery.

The robbers wanted to robe a bank in Florida.

But they found themselves ended up in Mexico.

They found that out when everyone around them spoke Spanish. :bsmilie:

Apple mobile Maps have helped to divert a bank robbery.

The robbers wanted to robe a bank in Florida.

But they found themselves ended up in Mexico.

They found that out when everyone around them spoke Spanish. :bsmilie:

Over seas and coast to coast

Find the place you love the most.

Not all of them are trash. During the whole process of my ex company finance system development, there's one female DBA whom I treat as equal professionals.

Not all of them are trash. During the whole process of my ex company finance system development, there's one female DBA whom I treat as equal professionals.

i did not mean for that to come across as sarcasm. Utmost respect to the top graduates from IIT , ok.

Like Asok in Dilbert. They do know their stuff.

i did not mean for that to come across as sarcasm. Utmost respect to the top graduates from IIT , ok.

Never meant to be a sarcasm. Just a reminder for myself that there are gems among the sands.

Even if Apple succeeds after a long time (say for example 25 years), it does not make sense to keep re-inventing the wheel when so many others have done it already. Nokia Maps, Google Maps, NavTeq maps, TeleAtlas maps, etc.....
A really stupid management decision.

it was probably a strategic decision for Appl to create their own Maps app

after making themselves so deeply unpopular with other tech communities

with their hawkish legal dept suing people left right and center.

I heard Appl does not have LTE mobile phone technology as a result of this also...rumored.

it was probably a strategic decision for Appl to create their own Maps app

after making themselves so deeply unpopular with other tech communities

with their hawkish legal dept suing people left right and center.

I heard Appl does not have LTE mobile phone technology as a result of this also...rumored.

They don't believe in WIN-WIN strategy :(

They only know "I-Win" and "U-Lose" :bsmilie:

They don't believe in WIN-WIN strategy :(

They only know "I-Win" and "U-Lose" :bsmilie:

and this would be the result

Apple is showing its hubris. It (thinks) it can afford to offend everybody else.
It (thinks) it does not need help from anybody else. Well, at one time, Hayes was the king of modems.
Polaroid and Kodak thought the sun would never set on them. Same story.