Apple Cinema Display with PC (Windows XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visuals

Sep 7, 2006
Hi all

I am considering the possibility of using Apple Cinema Display (maybe 20in) with my regular Windows XP based PC. I need some guidance and advise on whether this may be a wise choice.

1. What is the so called "Backlight" control on the ACD? Is it better to go without the regular RGB controls that are commonly found on other brands of LCDs like Samsung, Viewsonic etc?

2. I read somewhere that: "It is better to use videocard LUT adjustments instead... (this is done automatically by the software if you indicate that your monitor don't have RGB controls).

----- I was told LUT means 'Look Up Table'. Does it mean there is a interface for users to work with? Is the ATI Catalyst Control Center a 'Look Up Table'? Or is it refering to something else?

3. If I use Spyder or Eye One Display, will it calibrate Apple Cinema Display properly on a PC computer? Will these calibration software perform the so called video card LUT adjustments automatically?

4. Are there any pitfalls to be aware of?

If this combination is not recommended, please feel free to say no.

I look forward to your feedbacks. :)

using the 23 inch one on my XP SP2 system. no problems. colours are quite consistent with my print outs actually. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.