Apple Cinema Display or Samsung 245T

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabianaino

Deregistered
Nov 19, 2007
Orchard
Alright guys ... I posted a thread a few weeks ago pondering which LCD to buy for my photography workflow.

Had more or less determine a samsung 245T but unfortunately seems like the whole singapore was out of stock about two weeks back. Now the stock has arrived and I was about to place an order when I happen to drop by iMac center and realsied that their APLLE Cinema Display is at S$1017 for the 20 inch unit.

Now I have another option.

Wanna to some real inputs on the two comparison.
The samsung 245T is a IPS panel but what panel is the APPPLE cenima display? Anyone can advise?

Also in terms of color, which do you consider more accurate?

Samsung 245T uses an S-PVA panel while the ACD uses an S-IPS panel. Both can display accurate colours if you calibrate them properly. I would rather get the 245T because for about the same price you get 24". Hope that helps.

realsied that their APLLE Cinema Display is at S$1017 for the 20 inch unit.
Just FYI, it's been $1017 for the 20" ACD all along. :)
Maybe you can get a tiny bit of discount if you know people?

Personally, I find that all the Cinema Displays when used on Macs can give pretty decent color reproduction, and that is even before using calibration tools.

Just my thoughts. :)

Samsung 245T uses an S-PVA panel while the ACD uses an S-IPS panel. Both can display accurate colours if you calibrate them properly. I would rather get the 245T because for about the same price you get 24". Hope that helps.

Thansk for the confirmation bro, ya I realised now that samsung uses a pva ...hehe
I was thinking along the same line as you too. And seems like I can calibrate it more with the OSD as well on the samsung. :think:

Just FYI, it's been $1017 for the 20" ACD all along. :)
Maybe you can get a tiny bit of discount if you know people?

Personally, I find that all the Cinema Displays when used on Macs can give pretty decent color reproduction, and that is even before using calibration tools.

oh..has it been 1017 all along? and the salesman told me the price dropped ..:bsmilie:
has the model been upgraded? I read a few reviews on the net and they are all from 2004-2006. The brightness of these were stated as 250 but on the apple's website, it was stated as 300. Same goes for the contrast as well, on the previous old review was around 500 or so but on the current website it was stated as 700.

The color on the mac is good. :thumbsup:

That's why the headache...
Btw, I have an acer lappy...so no MAC .. :embrass:

oh..has it been 1017 all along? and the salesman told me the price dropped ..:bsmilie:
has the model been upgraded? I read a few reviews on the net and they are all from 2004-2006. The brightness of these were stated as 250 but on the apple's website, it was stated as 300. Same goes for the contrast as well, on the previous old review was around 500 or so but on the current website it was stated as 700.

The color on the mac is good. :thumbsup:

That's why the headache...
Btw, I have an acer lappy...so no MAC .. :embrass:

I think the salesman trying to smoke you. :bsmilie:

There's no new models at the moment. Rumors always say new one coming out, but up till now, no new models yet... so who to believe? :bsmilie:

To make life simpler for you, get the Samsung 245T and don't come back to this thread any more. :bsmilie:

I think the salesman trying to smoke you. :bsmilie:

There's no new models at the moment. Rumors always say new one coming out, but up till now, no new models yet... so who to believe? :bsmilie:

ya everyone's very protective about their products these days .... it's like they like the "surprising game"

To make life simpler for you, get the Samsung 245T and don't come back to this thread any more. :bsmilie:

I MUST look back ... I need to make wise decisions ... LOL

I have decided to get the samsung 245T. I have one on order and will collecting it either this evenoing or tml. =)

Reasons I decided against apple is becoz I need to get additional adpater to connect to my laptop and also screen size. =)

I am so excited now. kekeke ;)

bought and looking at it now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.