Apple Aperture on 1900 x 1200 screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob777

Nov 1, 2006
Anyone using Aperture on a macbook pro with 17'" 1900 x 1200 lcd?
I find that the text in the menu is very small to read. It strains my eyes.
In fact i find that most of the text in the MAC os is very small.
Any workaround solutions?

Wah.

1920x1200 on 17" of course will be small.
Maybe try increasing the resolution under system preferences and see how it looks.

But why did you go for the super high res 17" MBP in the first place?

You can try using the Zoom feature, enable under Universal Access. If you have mighty mouse, you can configure the scroll ball to do zoom in/out.

Wah.

Maybe try increasing the resolution under system preferences and see how it looks.

High res 17" using LED backlight,
battery last longer:think: (if this is true, that's the main reason)

Wah.

I tried decreasing the res, either the side got crop off or the screen is not sharp when it is enlarged.

I thought of doing some video editing in future so the HD screen would be a better option.
But now, it seems more like a torture for me. Fonts is really too small to be readable.

You can try using the Zoom feature, enable under Universal Access. If you have mighty mouse, you can configure the scroll ball to do zoom in/out.

Yes, i tried that. It seems better, but after zooming in and out for ten, twenty times, i started to feel giddy..haha.. seems like an old man problem. Kind of llike motion sickness.
I install a software call tinkertool to modify the font but it seems like it does not affect the program. Now i wish i got the lower res screen install to solve all my headaches...

Apple will eventually correct that for you automatically. It's a hidden feature of Tiger and Leopard that is not yet working.

There may be something that can be done in the meantime for an application but I'm trying to remember where to look. If you like, you might do a web search on "Mac OS X resolution independence" and see what you get. If that's not specific enough, you can add the word "application to the search".

Thanks for all the reply.
I have searched thru some other info from the web and it seems like there is no solution yet. not even with Tinkertools.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1442122&tstart=75

Meanwhile I will use the zooming function. I think it is really stupid for Apple to limit the hi-res screen such a way that the fonts dpi cannot be adjusted. Now I hope that I can switch back to the 1680 x 1050 lcd.

Status
Not open for further replies.