appeal for point-and-shoot cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will own the copyright to the photographs, published or not published?

hi!

thanks to all who have responded. kindly drop ur cameras at TNS by the extended deadline of saturday, 27th aug! thank u. :D

in addition, i'll be collecting cameras from anyone who wishes to donate from city hall mrt @ 6pm tmrw (24th aug).

pls PM me if u're coming..

hello all!

do you have a WORKING point-and-shoot film camera that's gathering dust since you've gone digital?

this is an appeal to donate it to a worthy cause.. read on!

starting next month is an exciting photographic venture entitled INSIDE OUT, partly inspired by the film born into brothels, to connect with migrant workers in singapore by teaching them photography.

the project seeks to create a socially-engaged work about the substantial population of migrant workers in Singapore – by helping them document their own lives through photography. the workers will learn the basics of photography over a series of workshops and, with the cameras given to them, record their reality as they see it. their photographs will then be edited and exhibited at next year's m1 fringe festival.

this project draws its inspiration from successful photovoice projects (www.photovoice.org) that empower marginalised groups of people to document their own lives and in so doing, claim a stake in public space.

UPDATE!!

thank u again to the generous souls who donated cameras.. they were put to good use in the first workshop we had the past weekend! :)

unfortunately, we discovered a few cameras werent working too well, hence the appeal for MORE working p & s film cameras! if you don't have one pls ask a friend! :)

cmon, this is your chance to contribute directly to a gd social cause! :angel:

would like to collect cameras before this sat (17/9) . kindly gmail me at jenkmanu@gmail.com if you hv a cam to donate! we can arrange flexi collection pt..

cheerios!

Status
Not open for further replies.