Apeture queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1979sg

Sep 21, 2008
]Recently I just bought a nikon d90 and was happily trying out with it in apeture priority mode. From wat I know, if I want to take normal landscape shoots, I got to use smaller apeture like f9, f11 or more to take the pictures so that it will turn out to be sharp and crisp. But what I realised was when I viewed it on computer n zoom in a little on the image, I noticed that the far end background subjects tends to be slighly blur which is not very noticeable whereas the foreground subjects were clear n sharp. When I zoom out to normal size u won't notice that difference. Wondering anyone encounter this before and any solution to it so that my landscape pictures can be sharp n clear from the foreground to the background?

Last edited:
Read about hyperfocal distance. How much are you zooming in? 100% or more?

I just zoom in a bit and I can already tell the difference. I read about the hyperfocus distance but was wondering where do u focus the hyperfocus distance at? the foreground or the background? Wondering is there a website with a chart so that can print out and bring it along with me for traveling. It would be so troublesome where ever I wanna take landscape shots I need to do calculation.

I just zoom in a bit and I can already tell the difference. I read about the hyperfocus distance but was wondering where do u focus the hyperfocus distance at? the foreground or the background? Wondering is there a website with a chart so that can print out and bring it along with me for traveling. It would be so troublesome where ever I wanna take landscape shots I need to do calculation.

There are many. Just try a google search for "hyperfocal distance" and you'll get all the step-by-step instructions you'll need. Or, if you're a bit lazy, you can set your camera to "landscape shot" mode.

Have a look here. It's not really troublesome and you don't need a pocket calculator in the field. Some guys even printed a table on their t-shirts to have the numbers ready at hand. A small card in plastic cover fits easily into every camera bag.

Thanks for the link...greatly appreciated...I will go read up.
There is still a long way for me to learn though...:)

Have a look here. It's not really troublesome and you don't need a pocket calculator in the field. Some guys even printed a table on their t-shirts to have the numbers ready at hand. A small card in plastic cover fits easily into every camera bag.

thanks a ton octarine for pointing out the link...have been trying to understand the concept since long...its explained pretty simply and clearly..:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.