Status
Not open for further replies.

richardfoo

Apr 19, 2006
Hi folk ;

in term of simple which software is better

Hi folk ;

I think Lightroom 2 is far more comprehensive than Aperture but then again having used Aperture 2, I kinda like it (maybe bacause I'm a MacBoy). But I figured most Adobe's software are topnotch and Lightroom 2 is a great piece of software. :thumbsup:

Better for what? Define your requirements than you'll see what serves them best. The features are all listed online, there are plenty of websites and forums discussing the features.

Better for what? Define your requirements than you'll see what serves them best. The features are all listed online, there are plenty of websites and forums discussing the features.

regard of easy to use the software , easy manage photo and edit
thank you folk

but somehow i find the import and export part not to my liking, would prefer those 'direct opening' type

Lightroom 2 is a lot more simpler to use and it's very user friendly. Highly recommended.

I have both. I started on Aperture, then LR came, then Aperture 2, now LR 2. I'm currently back to using LR only. Basic editing is great, then together with PS 4 - love it.

Wonder anyone has any experience with Elements 7? How's it as compared to LR 2?

regard of easy to use the software , easy manage photo and edit

It's pretty easy to use, it follows the normal workflow of a photographer. The library module is for importing and managing all your pictures. Once you have done it you can search and manage all your pictures very nicely. You can create sets of images, virtual copies and other things - but your original files stay untouched. Smart concept. The Development Module is for image processing - but not for pixel editing. For such cases there is the interface function to Photoshop. So LR is for general picture settings, noise removal, sharpening, cropping etc. The 3 output modules are for exporting the files to a certain media: slideshow, web or print.
There are nice tutorials in the Internet, or you can get the book from Ricaball bookshop (around S$160.00).

It's pretty easy to use, it follows the normal workflow of a photographer. The library module is for importing and managing all your pictures. Once you have done it you can search and manage all your pictures very nicely. You can create sets of images, virtual copies and other things - but your original files stay untouched. Smart concept. The Development Module is for image processing - but not for pixel editing. For such cases there is the interface function to Photoshop. So LR is for general picture settings, noise removal, sharpening, cropping etc. The 3 output modules are for exporting the files to a certain media: slideshow, web or print.
There are nice tutorials in the Internet, or you can get the book from Ricaball bookshop (around S$160.00).

Where is this Ricaball bookshop? Is the price indicated for home use? Thought of getting one since quite a number of people approves of lightroom software.

Yeah, it was too early this day... coffee level too low ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.