Aperture & Shutter Priority Mode QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

look4raymond

Oct 30, 2006
Hi,

I'm using Nikon D80.

(1) In Aperture Priority Mode, am i able to set the minimum & maximum shutter speed?
(2) In Shutter Priority Mode, am i able to set the minimum & maximum aperture?

I'm still reading the manual, so far still can't find any info... :(

Hi,

I'm using Nikon D80.

(1) In Aperture Priority Mode, am i able to set the minimum & maximum shutter speed?

1) no...
2) no...
ans to q1 and q2 = manual mode.

Hi,

I'm using Nikon D80.

in Aper mode, u can set aper only and its shutter speed will ajust automatically....and like versa for S-mode.

If u want to control both aper and shutter speed, switch to M-mode

1) No, Aperture Priority means you can set the aperture you want.
2) No, Shutter Priority means you can set the shutter speed you want.

1) No, Aperture Priority means you can set the aperture you want.
2) No, Shutter Priority means you can set the shutter speed you want.
the camera will calculate what is the proper exposure with the shutter speed/ aperture you choose...so u don't need to worry much about the other value..

eg. shutter priority mode... u choose the shutter speed, the cam calculate the aperture..

happy shooting! ^^

if you use A mode, and flash, the camera should have a setting to let you shoot at a minimun shutter speed.

the default is 1/60 for nikon iirc, this is to make sure you get a sharp pic, but if your aperature is too small, you might end up getting a pic tat is not properly exposed due to the min 1/60 shutter speed.
but you can change that setting to a slower shutter speed if you want.

hope that helps

if you use A mode, and flash, the camera should have a setting to let you shoot at a minimun shutter speed.

the default is 1/60 for nikon iirc, this is to make sure you get a sharp pic, but if your aperature is too small, you might end up getting a pic tat is not properly exposed due to the min 1/60 shutter speed.
but you can change that setting to a slower shutter speed if you want.

hope that helps

Oh, i was looking for this answer as i read somewhere that you can set the min/max shutter speed in A mode & min/max aperture in S mode.

So, must have flash, then can do this thing ar. Will try again. :sweat:

Oh, i was looking for this answer as i read somewhere that you can set the min/max shutter speed in A mode & min/max aperture in S mode.

So, must have flash, then can do this thing ar. Will try again. :sweat:

You can find a Hyper Program (program shift) and Sensitivity and Shutter/Aperture priority in the new Pentax K10D.

for both of these mode S and A, you can use the exposure compensation from +5 to -5. but if u switch to M mode, the exposure compensation would not have any effect.

Aperture mode for controlling the aperture only, while the camera controls the shutter speed to get the just right exposure.

Shutter mode for controlling the shutter speed only, while the camera contorls the aperture size to get the just right exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.