Aperture setting on d50 kit lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangeslim

Oct 20, 2006
west
Hi everyone!

I am quite new to photography. I jus got a macro extension tube and have been trying to get in some macro shots (Previously i cheated and use a Sony PnS with super macro) but the tube has no auto-capability, Thus i am now stuck with no way to set my Aperture at all using the d50 kit lens! Anyway i can set it? It shows F-- now :(

Thanks for reading!

Hi everyone!

I am quite new to photography. I jus got a macro extension tube and have been trying to get in some macro shots (Previously i cheated and use a Sony PnS with super macro) but the tube has no auto-capability, Thus i am now stuck with no way to set my Aperture at all using the d50 kit lens! Anyway i can set it? It shows F-- now :(

Thanks for reading!
You can't do that with a G lens. Maybe purchase a 50/1.8 for this purpose or get a compatible extension tube with the electrical contacts.

OK thank you for the replies!
now i have to get a new lens haha

OK thank you for the replies!
now i have to get a new lens haha

If you're not shooting insects, then go for the 60mm micro f2.8

a real beauty of a macro lens

Hi everyone!

Thanks for reading!

What extension tubes are you using?

You should not have problem adjusting the apertuer through the body with tubes like the Kenko tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.