Aperture for DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2007
May i know the aperture for DSLR is on the camera body itself or depend on lens?

aperture has nth to do wif a slr body in this case DSLR.
it the lens> check the box. if not, check model of lens on the internet. it is also stated on the lens.
its smth like 1:3.5-5.6

aperture has nth to do wif a slr body in this case DSLR.
it the lens> check the box. if not, check model of lens on the internet. it is also stated on the lens.
its smth like 1:3.5-5.6

huh? hm..you mean its on the lens itself???

so what happens if i wan to have an aperture of f16 or even f22?
i have to get another lens?

aperture is in the lens it self... pls google for it and read up.
to select a aperture u do it in camera.
minimum F-stops like 16-22 even 36 no problem all lens will have at least minimum F22
its the widest or max aperture that matters. :)

wait i dun get u.
u want to know wad aperture setting u r currenting using or wad aperture the lens can provide?

wait i dun get u.
u want to know wad aperture setting u r currenting using or wad aperture the lens can provide?

this is confusing me...erm..i mean in the camera that i can set...like i wan to set to f22...does it also have to depends on the lens itself???

ok i think u better read up bout aperture 1st.....knows wad it is and hows it works....google

what confuses me are the "wifs, wads & wans". :dunno:

ok i think u better read up bout aperture 1st.....knows wad it is and hows it works....google

aperture is about the controlling of amount of light entering the camera right?? It's controlled by a diaphragm...The bigger it is, the more light it allows to enter.Thus have a smaller value for eg. F2.7...correct?

The aperture itself is on the lens. When you mount the lens onto the camera body, you can adjust the aperture eg. f2.8, f22 etc thru the body itself. However, there are some lenses which you can adjust the aperture on the lens itself. Errr ... can?

The aperture itself is on the lens. When you mount the lens onto the camera body, you can adjust the aperture eg. f2.8, f22 etc thru the body itself. However, there are some lenses which you can adjust the aperture on the lens itself. Errr ... can?

oh..clear enuff...

hm...coz i am using Sony H9
den as you know digital camera is like everything adjust in the lcd itself...den i am curious how about the DSLR works for aperture...

erm...one question, u mention can adjust the aperture eg. f2.8....thru the body itself...erm..basically what do you mean?? As in like in a digital camera? can adjust thru the lcd or the top part which shows value one?

adjust the aperture from menus on the lcd screen.
but might need to set to aperture piority mode 1st.
yes its set thru the body.
if i am not wrong nikon is set from lens?

huh, i thought nikon also set from the LCD!

orh...okay...so basically, to put it into simple words/sentence

if there is aperture ring on lens, use that
if threre is no aperture ring on lens, then use body to adjust...correct???

Erm...but if there is aperture ring on lens, can i use body to adjust too?

orh...okay...so basically, to put it into simple words/sentence

if there is aperture ring on lens, use that
if threre is no aperture ring on lens, then use body to adjust...correct???

Erm...but if there is aperture ring on lens, can i use body to adjust too?

Yes, but I think most of the new lens do not have aperture ring.

Image:Aperures.jpg

you can read up a bit here

OT: you play badminton on sundays, right? ;)

huh, i thought nikon also set from the LCD!

:dunno: i got a sigma lens and in the manual it says smth bout setting aperture from a ring on the lens :dunno: for nikon mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.