Aperture 3

It's still reasonable fast... How much is Lightroom software anyway? NUS don't have promo price for students...

Worth giving it a shot..

I on CS4 and Aperture 2 now, maybe its time for a upgrade.:think:

Yeah.. I'm also on Aperture 2 + CS4..
Most if not all of the improvements in Aperture 3 are really useful and I think it's gonna be a worthy upgrade. Downloaded the trial and will give it a shot tonight..;)

But maybe it's a better idea for early users to provide feedback to Apple for them to iron out the bugs first before upgrading..:cool:

i think as long as apple does not solve the laggy issue, its very hard to tempt me to swtich over from photoshop.

that said, the brushing feature is awesome.

upgraded. once all of the previews and face detection is completed, it's reasonably fast. it still relies on core image, so you need a fast video card. btw you can upgrade it directly from within the application - no need to buy from shop. they provide the serial immediately. it takes a while to update your images, so i haven't yet had a chance to play with all the new features. but i quite like. if you're already an Aperture fan, you'll be pleased. download the demo and try it out otherwise.

Tried A3 on my macbook aluminum with 4G ram.. tried editing some 5Dmkii RAW files yesterday.. I must say the brush feature rocks.. but then feels quite laggy while editing especially when you have a few adjustments done and you open the loupe.. it takes a sec or two just to refresh the image in the loupe.

I'm sure A3 will run better with machines that have dedicated V-Card.I guess I'd have to stick with my A2 + CS4 combo for now..:(

Cheers,
Andrew

Tried A3 on my macbook aluminum with 4G ram.. tried editing some 5Dmkii RAW files yesterday.. I must say the brush feature rocks.. but then feels quite laggy while editing especially when you have a few adjustments done and you open the loupe.. it takes a sec or two just to refresh the image in the loupe.

I'm sure A3 will run better with machines that have dedicated V-Card.I guess I'd have to stick with my A2 + CS4 combo for now..:(

Cheers,
Andrew

precisely

after several days of using it, i'm very, very happy. it's much faster, has presets similar to LR, and fixed a lot of annoyances that we learned to live with in A2. once people figured out to import library and turn off faces during the import, and then reprocess on a library-by-library basis, none of the slowness problems occur (most all people that had slow system issues with the upgrade had not waited until it finished processing the imported images). my main library (700gb) converted in about 5 hours. my sports library (about 190,000 (mostly) .jpg images) converted in about 40 minutes.

working with a 5dmk2 raw file was smooth, even with adding a lot of adjustments, rotation, cropping, and some applied presets. i feel the loupe is far less laggy that A2. i do miss the previous eyedropper but i'm sure i'll get used to the new methods.

this is running on my macpro in 64bit w/ 8 GB ram and GeForce 8800 GT. i have noticed it's fairly slow on my MBA (2 GB, 128 GB SSD , GeForce 9400 M).

Just gotten myself a Imac 27" with Aperture 3. Still have not played with it but the moment i saw the video intro, i am impressed.

Hopefully not as laggy as mentioned. :confused:

Hi all:

Wonder if Aperture3 had got watermark feature?

Last edited:
there are several ways in which you can add a watermark. one is in-built into the app. you need to create an image to be used as an alpha-channel mask and that can be applied on export.
it can also be done much quicker, and with more flexibility using a specific plugin such as impression. lastly, some universal tools, such as BorderFX also include watermarking as a feature.

well i used LR before, and aperture doesnt have offer a gradient based edit if im not mistaken which LR2 has.

hi i'm new to mac and aperture
i just downloaded the trial ver.
while playing it.
i wonder how to i add text to the picture
anyone here can help? :dunno:

and one thing is when ever i click full screen i'm stuck at that page can't exit and very laggy
anyone here have this problem too?

i'm using a 27" Q-core 4GB of ram

Your mac should be fast enough.

Try clicking on the picture and that will turn you back to the preview page with folders.