Aperture 2 or Photoshop CS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aq12345

Nov 19, 2006
Hello, between these 2

- Which do you prefer?
- What's the pro and cons of Aperture as compared to Ps CS3?

Thanks!;)

good question and i can't wait to hear the answers!! :thumbsup:

Hello, between these 2

- Which do you prefer?
- What's the pro and cons of Aperture as compared to Ps CS3?

Thanks!;)

IMO, you can't compare Aperture with CS3 as they are two very different applications. However it is more appropriate to compare Aperture with Photoshop Lightroom.

As for me I use Lightroom extensively with CS3. Haven't tried Aperture. I guess it's all user preference and how well you manage to make full use of it's functions & interface.

Both programs are for different things
Aperture 2 is basically a photo browser, with basic manipulation to images, like Brightness, contrast, reduce highlights, shadows.
Photoshop is a program for editing those pictures more indepth. You have your layers, your brushes which more carefully edit the picture.
I have both and use both at the same time
If i can't do something in aperture i bring it up in photoshop and work with it there and then save back to aperture where you can print, slideshow, books and make websites.
just got aperture 2 and it's quite fast, lacking a few features that lightroom has but probably because i just got aperture and still exploring!

If you wanna work with a lot of photos at roughly the same time, Aperture.

If you wanna work with one photo at one time, get Photoshop.

If you have Photoshop, you dont need either Aperture or Lightroom except for the file management. for me, I prefer to manage my files on a stand alone image viewer, edit the files on a image editor. less confusing for me.

that said, Aperture or Lightroom is targeted at photographer, for touching up the photo. where as Photopshop is the industrial defacto image editor--no contest.

http://www.macworld.com/article/58422-5/2007/06/digitaldarkroom.html

I'm a little late to jump in but here goes.

Aperture and Lightroom are very good for file management plus some pretty good editing. PS does not do file management.
Myself I use Lightroom 95% of the time and when needed then I go into PS.
Try the demos.

Status
Not open for further replies.