Aperture 2 or Photoshop CS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aq12345

Nov 19, 2006
Hello, between these 2

- Which do you prefer?
- What's the pro and cons of Aperture as compared to Ps CS3?

Thanks!;)

Feb 3, 2008
good question and i can't wait to hear the answers!! :thumbsup:

JLee

Jul 6, 2005
Planet Earth
www.jinolee.com
Hello, between these 2

- Which do you prefer?
- What's the pro and cons of Aperture as compared to Ps CS3?

Thanks!;)
IMO, you can't compare Aperture with CS3 as they are two very different applications. However it is more appropriate to compare Aperture with Photoshop Lightroom.

As for me I use Lightroom extensively with CS3. Haven't tried Aperture. I guess it's all user preference and how well you manage to make full use of it's functions & interface.

Aug 20, 2007
Both programs are for different things
Aperture 2 is basically a photo browser, with basic manipulation to images, like Brightness, contrast, reduce highlights, shadows.
Photoshop is a program for editing those pictures more indepth. You have your layers, your brushes which more carefully edit the picture.
I have both and use both at the same time
If i can't do something in aperture i bring it up in photoshop and work with it there and then save back to aperture where you can print, slideshow, books and make websites.
just got aperture 2 and it's quite fast, lacking a few features that lightroom has but probably because i just got aperture and still exploring!

kurtlim

Apr 30, 2003
Visit site
If you have Photoshop, you dont need either Aperture or Lightroom except for the file management. for me, I prefer to manage my files on a stand alone image viewer, edit the files on a image editor. less confusing for me.

that said, Aperture or Lightroom is targeted at photographer, for touching up the photo. where as Photopshop is the industrial defacto image editor--no contest.

http://www.macworld.com/article/58422-5/2007/06/digitaldarkroom.html

I'm a little late to jump in but here goes.

Aperture and Lightroom are very good for file management plus some pretty good editing. PS does not do file management.
Myself I use Lightroom 95% of the time and when needed then I go into PS.
Try the demos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom