Apache helicopter crash landed in Woodlands

sbs99

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Breaking news...

A REPUBLIC of Singapore Air Force Apache helicopter is believed to have crash-landed at the Sembawang Airfield on Thursday afternoon.

No fire was reported and it is not known if the two pilots were hurt.

A reader of Stomp, The Straits Times citizen journalism online site, said he was driving past an open field in a residential area in Woodlands Avenue 12 when he saw this the Apache helicopter crash landing onto the field, sending its tail flying about 50m away.

Said the STOMPer Quintus: 'I saw the helicopter circling in the air, coming down rapidly, before crash landing into the field. There was no one else on the field.

apache3.jpg

'The two pilots later got out of the helicopter and I saw them standing around'.

News source on Stomp

Last edited:
wow this is news.
How come our pilot pens never trained enough ?

Breaking news...

A REPUBLIC of Singapore Air Force Apache helicopter is believed to have crash-landed at the Sembawang Airfield on Thursday afternoon.

No fire was reported and it is not known if the two pilots were hurt.

A reader of Stomp, The Straits Times citizen journalism online site, said he was driving past an open field in a residential area in Woodlands Avenue 12 when he saw this the Apache helicopter crash landing onto the field, sending its tail flying about 50m away.

Said the STOMPer Quintus: 'I saw the helicopter circling in the air, coming down rapidly, before crash landing into the field. There was no one else on the field.

apache3.jpg

'The two pilots later got out of the helicopter and I saw them standing around'.

Wow! Surely this will be the headlines in all the news! Wonder what is the root cause?

nothing will happen.

plane is under warranty.

it is just like your camera, laptop etc.. just contact vendor and log a case ID. They will check and access what needs to be done next.

nothing will happen.

plane is under warranty.

it is just like your camera, laptop etc.. just contact vendor and log a case ID. They will check and access what needs to be done next.

U mean insurance?

U mean insurance?

no, i mean warranty or a maintenance contract. It is like when u buy a computer or camera, it is covered under warranty. If anything happens, it can be repaired, serviced or parts replacement etc.. but if it is caused by human error or acts of carelessness.. then customer must pay for repair and part replacement and workmanship fee

Last edited:
Still under warranty meh?

BTW, that's a pretty high quality pic by STOMP standards :D

nothing will happen.

plane is under warranty.

maybe got 1:1 exchang ? :D haha , but must pay for shipping hahaha

Maybe SAF should consider buying extended warranty :D (always can be handy).

just glad that the pilots r not hurt
n that they manage to steer clear of civilians.

Just passed the area and there was also a car accident there.probably watching the crash site rather than the road.

up there too cold, so pilot switch off the fan.... hahahha

Apparently, it was heard on radio that the incident occured in mid air as the tail section fell off and they had to crash land the chopper.

How does a tail section "fall off" ??

:dunno:

Luckily I am not in SBAB already. The RP in FDS sure siong one.... P1!

BOI case.

Apparently, it was heard on radio that the incident occured in mid air as the tail section fell off and they had to crash land the chopper.

How does a tail section "fall off" ??

:dunno:

I doubt the tail fall off in mid air, else, without the tail rotary, the chopper may go into an uncontrollable spin.

More likely the tail landed 1st before the landing wheels and broke off ? I guess have to wait for the investigation ba...