AP Prices (verbal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goondu

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Went to AP last evening. The following is the prices that I found out during my visit to the shop.

Ridata 20X (512MB) - $395.00. Only 1 piece I saw.

Canon CP100 - $400+ (Did not asked the actual price)

Nikon coolpix 2500 - $520.00 Ask whether any freebies but was told whatever freebies is inside the box, meaning to say, no freebies.

IBM 1GB Travel Kit - $400.00 from one staff and $395.00 (Special price for me) from another.

A40 - No stock. People are booking this cam in advance. They leave their contact numbers behind.

TC-DC52 - No stock yet.

S602Z (The one lots of people are dreaming :D ) - $1200+. However, price is not confirmed yet. Will be available at the end of the month.

Notice on the shelf there is only 1 set of Canon Ixus V2. Did not ask the price.

There are also 4 sets of Canon EOS-1D on the shelf too.

Many successful sales, Fuji S601z, Canon S30, Sony F707, and others. Also notice most of them are youths, probably due to the holidays.

Two tourists are looking at the Dynax 7 and they seems to be very interested.

Last but not least, guess what did I buy? 4 Sanyo 1700mAh @ $3.00 each. :D

That is all I can remember. Sign of getting old? :embrass:

Originally posted by YSLee
Dimage 7i at $1560.

That expensive?? :dunno:

If I am to choose between this and the S602, I will choose the latter. ;)

Originally posted by Goondu
S602Z (The one lots of people are dreaming :D ) - $1200+. However, price is not confirmed yet. Will be available at the end of the month.

I was told the price will be $1100 to $1200, and available at the beginning of next month! :D

Originally posted by Tweek

I was told the price will be $1100 to $1200, and available at the beginning of next month! :D

That will be great news to those who are going to get this camera. :D

That will be great news to those who are going to get this camera. :D

I hope I will be one of them! Still pending...:(

Oh, I have gotten 1 black jockey cap FOC. Very considerate of them if you know the weather nowadays.

The jockey cap is imprinted with the World Cup 2002 / Korea and Japan. Quality is not bad too. :D

$395 for 1GB Microdrive? Cool...lower than the $400 my friend bought.

G2 - $1230

Oly 4040 - $1245

I am not at all comfortable at AP after I visit them last week. They seems to like to con newbies and are not particularly honest. When I went there to help my collegue to buy ISO200 print film, you know what, they quote me $5 per roll. WHat is this!!! Worst than shopping center which selling $4.80. THey thought I do not know the market price. End up I went to Fotoguide and I don't even ask for price and they just charge me $3.50 per roll.

Even if from alot of people here that they are selling lower for digital cameras, I rather pay a few tens of dollars and visit other shops which are more honest.

Originally posted by Tweek

went there too today. was quoted the same price :) and $190 for the wide-angle converter. guy said that many people have placed orders for the S602Z already but thay have a big shipment of 200, so should be enough :)

i believe they are not interested in small items.

they do not actually 'con' they practice price discrimination but whatever they do, the camera prices are lower than that in other shops.

Originally posted by edw
I am not at all comfortable at AP after I visit them last week. They seems to like to con newbies and are not particularly honest. When I went there to help my collegue to buy ISO200 print film, you know what, they quote me $5 per roll. WHat is this!!! Worst than shopping center which selling $4.80. THey thought I do not know the market price. End up I went to Fotoguide and I don't even ask for price and they just charge me $3.50 per roll.

Even if from alot of people here that they are selling lower for digital cameras, I rather pay a few tens of dollars and visit other shops which are more honest.

Last but not least, guess what did I buy? 4 Sanyo 1700mAh @ $3.00 each. :D

That is all I can remember. Sign of getting old? :embrass:

They charged your extra S$0.50 per piece of Sanyo battery, because you ask too many questions.:)

Originally posted by Kho King

They charged your extra S$0.50 per piece of Sanyo battery, because you ask too many questions.:)

must be. I got mine for $10 4 pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.