AP is the cheapest in SLS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siewsphone

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
I found out that some shop in SLS offer cheaper price than AP.

A20 - $533
2800Z - $600
QV2900 - $6xx

It's not the cheapest for all cameras. Anyway, once you know the market, you coudl always ask the shops to beat the price.

Originally posted by mpenza
It's not the cheapest for all cameras. Anyway, once you know the market, you coudl always ask the shops to beat the price.

Maybe he want to see am I an idiot or not first ;(

Sometimes those other shops are pulling your leg. When you are about to pay then they tell you no stock and try to persuade you to buy another model. Or they say quote wrongly at the very last minute. Like KC said, you need to know the market. After a few SEED, you season liao loh. Certain things like CF/SM card always quite cheap in AP. The last time I was e-quoted the N someting SM 128Md at $80 by AP. I rush down with the print out and grab one 1st as I know I can't get cheapper than that.;)

Originally posted by Kevin
Sometimes those other shops are pulling your leg. When you are about to pay then they tell you no stock and try to persuade you to buy another model. Or they say quote wrongly at the very last minute. Like KC said, you need to know the market. After a few SEED, you season liao loh. Certain things like CF/SM card always quite cheap in AP. The last time I was e-quoted the N someting SM 128Md at $80 by AP. I rush down with the print out and grab one 1st as I know I can't get cheapper than that.;)

Some shops sibeh the chao kuan one! ;(

The best is to call or visit a few reputable shops (Cathay, John 3:16 etc.) for quotes to get a general idea of the mkt price first.

:)

Originally posted by Kevin

It is ture especially for those shops in People Park, I have tried a few shops, all quote me very low but tell you no stock.

Two weeks ago, one shop quoted me $1,050 for the Olympus C4040, can you believe it was that low? when I wanted to buy, the lady told me no stock and one guy recommended me the Fuji 6900, he told me they are selling it at a discounted price of $1,299 and that camera is better than C4040 because it is having 6MP. If you read newspaper, you would know that it was the Recommended retail price and no a discounted price, also it is not a true 6MP DC.

By the way, I am a owner of a C2100 since yesterday, bought it from AP @ $1,050, c/w UV filter, camera bag and 128M SM.

Originally posted by choonhow

It is ture especially for those shops in People Park, I have tried a few shops, all quote me very low but tell you no stock.

Two weeks ago, one shop quoted me $1,050 for the Olympus C4040, can you believe it was that low? when I wanted to buy, the lady told me no stock and one guy recommended me the Fuji 6900, he told me they are selling it at a discounted price of $1,299 and that camera is better than C4040 because it is having 6MP. If you read newspaper, you would know that it was the Recommended retail price and no a discounted price, also it is not a true 6MP DC.

By the way, I am a owner of a C2100 since yesterday, bought it from AP @ $1,050, c/w UV filter, camera bag and 128M SM.

Hi Choonhow, welcome to the Big Zoom family! ;)

This happened 1 day before I bought from AP my C-2100UZ for $950 (incl. GST + UV filter + promo freebies from Oly Sg).

Was in People's Park to see if can get better price than AP, in retrospect I should've gone watch Lords of the Rings wif my GF instead of wasting my time........:D

Some typical Ah Bengs (complete wif blone hair, pierced body parts, tight shirt etc.) there quoted me a 'discounted' price $1,600 for the C-2100UZ....told me the usual selling price is $1,999!!!

Those jokers doesn't even know Oly Sg is giving out freebies for every purchase of Oly DCs (dunno whether those from PP are parallel imports or not...sekali no warranty also!!!).

When I told them what kinda price AP is selling the C-2100UZ for, you should see how they challenged me with their infamous "Actually-I-Want-To-Rip-You-Off-But-Since-You-Know-The-Real-Lobang-Why-Not-You-F**k-Off-And-Leave-Me-Alone" look on their faces.

Told them to fly kite. :devil:

Frankly speaking..the rest of the more 'decent-looking' shopkeepers are no much better.

So, warning to all, if u wanna get 'tourist' treatment...go right ahead and buy from them.

well, if people keep calling up reputable shops like John 3:16 to know price then go to the SLS shops to buy the goods - EXPECT the cheating/lying/bad service to go on

Originally posted by rueyloon
well, if people keep calling up reputable shops like John 3:16 to know price then go to the SLS shops to buy the goods - EXPECT the cheating/lying/bad service to go on

Sigh......:dunno:

When buying cameras or video don't go to People's Park. They are always out to cheat, worst than SLS. I have tested the market there many times and each time they try to con people. I once check a Sony video camera there, they give me a very good price, I said OK than they said cash, I said OK than they say it does not come with charger !!!. I said I will buy whatever is in the box as stated (Sony had printed all the accessories that come in the box) he said box no charger, I said it is listed in the box and ask to bring the box to check. He refused and say that the thing does not comes in a box ???. Imagine that. Other time thay may even try to sell you products taht are slighly damaged and hoping that you do not see it. One word be careful when shopping at People's Park for such stuff.

Originally posted by Dennis
When buying cameras or video don't go to People's Park. They are always out to cheat, worst than SLS. I have tested the market there many times and each time they try to con people. I once check a Sony video camera there, they give me a very good price, I said OK than they said cash, I said OK than they say it does not come with charger !!!. I said I will buy whatever is in the box as stated (Sony had printed all the accessories that come in the box) he said box no charger, I said it is listed in the box and ask to bring the box to check. He refused and say that the thing does not comes in a box ???. Imagine that. Other time thay may even try to sell you products taht are slighly damaged and hoping that you do not see it. One word be careful when shopping at People's Park for such stuff.

Folks in ClubSNAP, u've been warned.

Steer clear of the place....;(

These r the idiots that gif retailers in SG a bad name...what would the tourists think of it if they r conned?

we should let everyone know spread the words, don't ever let those con-man at chinatown survive.

Always out to con people, and if you know the price, they will give you that damm piss off look as if you are wasting their time, cos they can't con you.

Won't even consider selling you off at a "normal" price, cost its an opportunity cost to them, they have 1 person less to con.

I really stay clear of that place for good

by the way, I am not trying to say AP is the best, but definately Chinatown is the WORST

where's people park?

so by reading all these.. the good places to get camera are Alan Photo, Cathy Photo and John 3:16?

What's in 3:16 says btw? its the bible i guess...

Originally posted by TsQ
where's people park?

so by reading all these.. the good places to get camera are Alan Photo, Cathy Photo and John 3:16?

Ard Chinatown/Outram area.

MS Color's service is quite ok too...price-wise is on par with John 3:16.

sorry.. but what is AP?

Originally posted by TsQ
where's people park?

In the bible:

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Don't just think of price alone...add in factors like service, after-sales service...surely you do not want to have unpleasant time if you're bring your cam back in a matter of days if there's something wrong with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.