Anywhere to park car around Penninsular for short while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danster

Oct 12, 2003
I go frequently to that area to run short errands such as picking up film, dropping off film for developing, etc. and it really irritates me how much I need to pay to park at Funan, Peninsular Plaza, etc. for like, 10 mins!

Anyone has any idea where I can park for 5-10 mins for a reasonable rate (or better yet, free?)

Thanks!

If u can afford a car, why cant u pay a few dollars for car park? Dont flame me, but this has become a phenomenon.

well.. when you own a car.. every cent counts.. not all people afford a car comfotably yet they cannot do without a car, work natures requires a car.

park at the church :)

Ok, I have a spreadsheet with all (most) carparks charges in CBD/Orchard area. Give me yr email and I wil send to you. Hope this will help to ease the illegal parking phenomenon in Singapore.
Sometimes, you park illegally to save a few dollars, but you cause many cars behind you to jam, stuck, move out dangerously, create blind spot, that is a selfish act in itself.

normally if i'm dropping by at PP, i would park in front of the Grand Copthorne by the side of PP ... so far no problem yet ...and provided if u can find space there ...

Astin said:
Ok, I have a spreadsheet with all (most) carparks charges in CBD/Orchard area. Give me yr email and I wil send to you. Hope this will help to ease the illegal parking phenomenon in Singapore.
Sometimes, you park illegally to save a few dollars, but you cause many cars behind you to jam, stuck, move out dangerously, create blind spot, that is a selfish act in itself.

erm ..... i would agree with u ... but somethimes u know lah ..... convienence mah ...

poohbear said:
erm ..... i would agree with u ... but somethimes u know lah ..... convienence mah ...

sorry ah, but I have to say this, so don't take it personally :D

In achieving some small convenience for yourself, are you willing to seriously inconvenience or endanger all the people behind you?

Astin said:

Support your view!!!

Same question came to me this afternoon when I wanted to make a fast purchase for something in Funan.

Which is the cheapest and not illegally?

Can I share your spreadsheet?

if u can afford to pay $500 a month in installment for a car, u surely can afford $1 for an hour parking in capitol building.

lovells19 said:
well.. when you own a car.. every cent counts.. not all people afford a car comfotably yet they cannot do without a car, work natures requires a car.

park at the church :)

kiwitan said:
if u can afford to pay $500 a month in installment for a car, u surely can afford $1 for an hour parking in capitol building.

logic, logic and logical.

erm.... aiyah... like that... hmm.... the lane whereby it leads to the carpark, which has a lane leading outside... and erm.. its beside a row of shops ? like u turn in .. and turn right.. before going into the lift for vehicals ? maybe can stop there for a while lor...

:think:

kiwitan said:

It's $2, not $1 btw. And I parked there for a mere 6 mins just a few days ago; thought there should be a grace period, like the other carparks.

StreetShooter said:
Cycle. Free parking right next to Peninsula Plaza.

And free bicycle for other ppl if you didnt secure the bike to a railing/lamp post etc. :bsmilie:

walk, take mrt/bus, no worries :D

Astin said:

Astin, can u send a copy of ur spreadsheet to my email at veefiles@yahoo.co.uk ? .... TIA ! :)

If you don't want to get a fine and parking is too ex. than......... get use to using BMW that will settle your problum.

Oh, by the way......... BMW stands for:
B: BUS
M: MRT
W: WALK
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.