Anywhere i can buy imported beers in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
I was in Sweden, Norway and Denmark for the past 1mth, and i enjoyed a lot of their local beers! Especially the christmas beers in Sweden - Totally awesome! That was when i started to appreciate beer like how i do with wine!

So in Singapore, any places to get a good range of imported beers?? Or even better, recommend me a local beer forum!! :) :)

You can get a pretty decent range of imported beers at Jason's. Tuborg is one of my favorites when I was going to Copenhagen regularly, I've seen it at Jason's.

There is currently some Swedish christmas beers selling in Ikea now.... ;)

sorry 2 intrude, but i was wondeing if any1 here kno where got sell Steward's root beer? :dunno: its from USA, does Jason's hav them?

Thanks Terence and nuts!

I'm going Ikea soon, looks like i'll be bringing some of them back home!

There's a bar at United Square, near the Soup Restaurant, that serves a wide variety of imported beer. Mainly European beers like Polish, Belgian, German, etc. Might be worth a look.

just curious, does the imported beer still taste as good when u have them here in sg? my personal experience is that whatever good beer also becomes bitter and dry in sg weather. do you also have the same experience?:dunno:

1911 said:
just curious, does the imported beer still taste as good when u have them here in sg? my personal experience is that whatever good beer also becomes bitter and dry in sg weather. do you also have the same experience?:dunno:

Not too sure, but i have some things about beer to share..

I went to find some beers at "System Bolaget" shop in Goteborg, Sweden. They are a huge chain of stores that sells beers, liquors, wines and spirits. Then i chatted with a local salesperson for a while and i'm awed by his experiences! He said some of the christmas beers taste good on the spot, but some others taste lousy unless you keep them for many years. There was a particular beer which he kept for 15years, and when he enjoyed it with his family, the beer taste so good that it's like tasting wine!! :thumbsup:

1911 said:

it depends....draft beer is best consumed "raw" ya .... haha....fresh from the brewery type..

Status
Not open for further replies.