Anyways to cut down on reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystix

Jan 18, 2002
Planet Earth
Visit site
I tried taking a pic of a framed portrait of mine recently and the results were abit disappointing even with the use of a polariser (mine is hoya) coz i could still see the reflections in the pics.

Example:
reflec.jpg

So my question is would using a better quality polariser like B&W helped with the problem or izit this kind of reflection would still show even with a gd polariser?

I could not see your pictures because CoolConnect does not have enough overseas bandwidth.

However, some comment about using polarisers to cut reflections. Polarisers are most effective when you are shooting at 45 degress to the reflective surface.

If you are shooting through glass at 90 degrees, polariser will not help much in reducing the reflections.

Hope that helps.

Roy

Originally posted by roygoh
I could not see your pictures because CoolConnect does not have enough overseas bandwidth.

However, some comment about using polarisers to cut reflections. Polarisers are most effective when you are shooting at 45 degress to the reflective surface.

If you are shooting through glass at 90 degrees, polariser will not help much in reducing the reflections.

Hope that helps.

Roy
wow 45 deg. now i learnt something new... so must be at a certain angle i guess...no wonder sometimes when i try upfront 90deg like no diff.
will keep that in mind roy!

hmm 45? thanks for the tip but i guess in my case it wouldn't be suitable coz i was trying to do a scan of the pic..

are you using flash? if yes, don't use the flash and just do a long exposure... remember to up the ev compensation a little... perhaps half or 1 stop due to the large expense of white in the image. If not using flash... er... wait ah I think....... reposition the picture??? Hee hee

i wasn't using flash. anyway i got around the prob using a large white paper background with a hole cut to fit the lens adaptor (try visualizing it). results were ok but it was kinda troublesome.
anyway this wouldn't have been an issue if i had juz shot it being sending it for framing but no choice coz i was in a rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.