anyway to remove a stuck uv filter in my len?

Daddypal

Aug 7, 2006
Pasir Ris
my uv filter is stuck in my len...is there anyway to remove it beside sawing it away?
:confused:

my uv filter is stuck in my len...is there anyway to remove it beside sawing it away?
:confused:

You can either use a filter wrench, if you can find one, if not, you can try other methods like:

Tying a rubber band over the filter for more friction,
Using a rubber mat or silicone mat with good friction on the table, put lens face down (with filter) on the mat, then press down firmly and twist,
or lastly, cool it in the fridge as the last resort.

There's a thread recently talking abt this. Do a little search. There are other methods how other remove their stuck filter. I vaguely rem one used styrofoam board or something like that.

try rubber band =)

i got mine stuck also last time, and a rubber solved my problem =D

try rubber band =)

i got mine stuck also last time, and a rubber solved my problem =D

I think I will try this the next time....my CPL have the tendency to get stuck on my lens. But still can't be sure if my fingers is griping on the inner frame or outer frame, the slim cpl is really slim....esp for my fat fingers.

I think I will try this the next time....my CPL have the tendency to get stuck on my lens. But still can't be sure if my fingers is griping on the inner frame or outer frame, the slim cpl is really slim....esp for my fat fingers.
Usually for me it helps just to rotate the CPL ring counterclockwise. Gives enough friction to loose the CPL from the lens.
TS: UV filters stuck are a good sign to drop them completely. They have no function anyway (apart from that feeling well about supposedly protecting the lens) but whenever you use CPL, other filters or at night they are redundant and need to be removed.

hi bro..i also have the same problem for my lens before
i just go to canon service center and asked them to take it out.
it's free. what's your lens? you can try to go to the service center.

good luck...