Anything wrong with these 2 pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeeeey

Jan 27, 2010
Was trying out the CPL filter. Both had CPL filter on. One was taken turning the CPL until the reflection gets cut away. The other was turned till the reflection was clearly shown.

Wanted to use the CPL to cut reflections. But decided to take one with the deliberate reflection to compare.

Is there any degrade of IQ with the CPL? Cos I feel that this CPL isnt really that good but really hope it wont affect the IQ too much. Thanks.

p1010360g.jpg

p1010361n.jpg

No way to tell IQ degradation from such tiny pics. But basically, *any* filter will cause some level of IQ degradation.

Both had the CPL on, how do we tell if there's any IQ degradation or not? :p

Anyway as Rashkae mentioned, pic probably too small to inspect IQ as well.

as the pics goes, it's looks alright. There's less glare/reflection in the first pic which resulted in the "relatively" higher colour saturation.

Both had the CPL on, how do we tell if there's any IQ degradation or not? :p

Anyway as Rashkae mentioned, pic probably too small to inspect IQ as well.
haha oh ya ah. my bad.. apologies.

cos i find the 2nd pic looks abit purplish compared to the first one.

haha oh ya ah. my bad.. apologies.

cos i find the 2nd pic looks abit purplish compared to the first one.

That could be because of different whitebalance/metering since there's less reflections, or the CPL is introducing purple fringing.

Mikeeeey, your pictures will look better if you up the Saturation setting in your camera.

Thanks Diavonex, will definitely take note of that the next time round :)

speaking of saturation settings.

do you all use 1 settings that you tweaked (e.g. +1 saturation, +1 noise reduction) for all pics? or do you have several custom settings to switch around?

Thanks Diavonex, will definitely take note of that the next time round :)

speaking of saturation settings.

do you all use 1 settings that you tweaked (e.g. +1 saturation, +1 noise reduction) for all pics? or do you have several custom settings to switch around?

Change one setting at a time, otherwise you won't know where the improvement comes from.

Thanks for the advise. Will do so.

Just wondering. -1 Noise reduction makes lesser noise?

Just wondering. -1 Noise reduction makes lesser noise?
Where is your manual? :) It means less noise reduction.
Any form of settings or adjustment should be used with a purpose or intention. Broadly applying them to all images makes no sense. You might leave them at "0" and adjust later in post processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.