Anything worth buying in Tokyo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekeno

Jan 20, 2004
Going there next week, thinking to buy some camera related stuff if the price is cheaper, such as lens, CF card, tripod, etc. And where is the good place to buy then? Thanks.

rekeno said:
Going there next week, thinking to buy some camera related stuff if the price is cheaper, such as lens, CF card, tripod, etc. And where is the good place to buy then? Thanks.

coz of market differences...most stuff will be more expensive there....try to look out for stuff not available outside tokyo instead....anyway...hav a good time....

Witness said:
coz of market differences...most stuff will be more expensive there....try to look out for stuff not available outside tokyo instead....anyway...hav a good time....

How abt getting the BLACK body 300D (aka Rebel Kiss) dat's not available outside Japan? ;)

heck, if you can import a few shells in (minus all the electronics so dat we all can mod it...), i'll be the first in line to pay you!!!! :D

but, seriously, try getting 2nd-hand lens there. a pilot fren of mine say the prices there are much lower there, even after conversion. perhaps, u could go and get your lens in jap?

Photographic equipment can be rather cheap in Japan. However, for such shops, you need to google surf their site, know exactly what you want, get in and purchase the items straight away. Some can be cheaper by a few hundred bucks if you compare with prices quote in Singapore.

Have Fun.

Photographic stuff is not cheap in Tokyo, maybe other parts of Japan, but not Tokyo.

If you want to take a trip to Tokyo, try out those free 2D1N Cathay Pacific stop overs in Hong Kong and shop for your photographic stuff there instead. Tokyo prices are relatively expensive, and prices in Japan on a whole can vary by a large margin. There are some things that are cheaper, but I was not able to find it in the major photography supermarkets i.e. Minolta Scan Dual IV can go for as low as SGD480 in Tokyo.

Status
Not open for further replies.