Anything to protect the photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRTerrier

Nov 1, 2002
Visit site
Hi all,

to all users who develop photos often, I would like to know if there are any products that can protect pictures from getting dirtied by dust or fingerprint marks?

I have recently started to develop lots of photos (because of my newly acquired 602) but, in gross effect, they are quite good at collecting dust (and worse, fingerprints). unsightly now, I'm pretty sure they will do more harm in the future. As such, I'm wondering if there are any products that can prevent such hazards.

tks in advance:D

Interested to know as well. Also where do you guys keep your prints? Is there any special album that makes browsing easier? (For those better photos) :)

Originally posted by JRTerrier
Hi all,

to all users who develop photos often, I would like to know if there are any products that can protect pictures from getting dirtied by dust or fingerprint marks?

I have recently started to develop lots of photos (because of my newly acquired 602) but, in gross effect, they are quite good at collecting dust (and worse, fingerprints). unsightly now, I'm pretty sure they will do more harm in the future. As such, I'm wondering if there are any products that can prevent such hazards.

tks in advance:D

Erm... photo albums? :)

what is the price of clearfile plastics?
and the binders are.. ordinary binders?

hmm... maybe i should be more clear. What I wanted to know, is if there is/are any products that can be applied to the photo surface to prevent dust or fingerprint stains from doing harm.... like, maybe spray or something like that to act as a protective layer (if there IS such a product at all).

However, if there is no such product in the market at all, then this will just be a very silly looking thread.:D

Originally posted by JRTerrier
hmm... maybe i should be more clear. What I wanted to know, is if there is/are any products that can be applied to the photo surface to prevent dust or fingerprint stains from doing harm.... like, maybe spray or something like that to act as a protective layer (if there IS such a product at all).

However, if there is no such product in the market at all, then this will just be a very silly looking thread.:D

there is no product tat protect the photos for as far as i know....but to get rid of it is to use lighter fuel and tissue to give it a wipe.......and thats all.....:D

there are lots of transparent sleeves at CP

anyone buy those?

think they're for holding negs and prob photos

Originally posted by Juvelyn
there are lots of transparent sleeves at CP

anyone buy those?

think they're for holding negs and prob photos

u mean the mamiya section???

Originally posted by roti

there is no product tat protect the photos for as far as i know....but to get rid of it is to use lighter fuel and tissue to give it a wipe.......and thats all.....:D
thanks for the info, roti. Really appreciate it.:D

you could get those Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating spray or Krylon UV-Resistant Clear. ;)

Originally posted by superhero
you could get those Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating spray or Krylon UV-Resistant Clear. ;)

Tks superhero. Btw, where do you think I could get these products? I called Fotog**** but they dun seem to carry either of them.

i bought clearfile when i was in the uk from www.7dayshop.com. I like it because its shinier and clearer than some other types I've seen.

i currently have:

Spare unopened pack of 6x8 print pages (25 sheets, holds 2 (or 4 if use both sides), 6x8 prints.

About half pack of A4 size print pages

About half pack of pages for unmounted negative/slides (warning takes strips of 4) http://www.clearfile.com/online/Format 10B.htm

If theres interest, I can sell these spare pages at $0.45 per page so that you can 'try them out' at minimal cost. They have sufficient holes for either 3 or 4 ring binders.

- collect at next SEED

[i don't know whether other brands in singapore are cheaper, i'm basing on my uk purchase price. Anyway, I'll probably be in UK next year so can replenish stock :) ]

Status
Not open for further replies.