Anything Special to Take Note of for Cold Climate Photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crappinni

Aug 31, 2007
Singapore
Hi people. I will be leaving for a northern region of South Korea soon and supposedly the temperatures there might reach around -29 deg Celsius. I will be taking my EOS 400D with my EF-S 17-85mm IS USM and EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM along. Will there be anything special/unusual to take note of or to bring to prevent my equipment from getting damaged? I will be staying in a tent for quite some time so obviously no dessicator cabinet but I also don't intend to bring a dry box of sorts. Is it fine to leave the set-up in the bag for around 10 days? Thanks!

You will definitely experience battery problems, shorter lifespans. Bring spares and keep them warm, in your chest pocket, beneath the layers of clothing.

Just a suggestion.
Bring a compact camera, and make sure it is film, make sure it is AA batteries powered. A small investment just in case the electronics decided to take a holiday during your holiday. -29 celcius without drybox (even those portable one) will be punishing your camera.
Check your manuals about storage temperature and operating temperature.

does this happen every december? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

use google, or clubsnap search forum.

well yea i saw many of the previous posts so this time i ask for anything "special" hahaha.. thanks anyways! and oh it isn't much of a holiday.. Outward Bound trip..

Status
Not open for further replies.