Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyesthruthelens

Deregistered
Sep 3, 2003
Sengkang
Visit site
Hi,
This shot is with the 17mm lens.. and it seem to be distorted..

97568340_0760bb88b0.jpg

Is there anyhthing that I can do on this photo to minimize the distortion?
PS or when I was taking this shot.. should I walk closer to the building?

Does this work?

97568345_4127bd24e8.jpg

i was there too that morning!!
were you the one with family and baby pram?

the modified ones look very awkward... it somehow feels unnatural...

I find dat e original is far more better than e edited.

E distortion in e original is very minute n I find it acceptable while e edited 1 is well.... very much out of proportion/distorted. :dunno:

I prefer the first one than the second.

1st one seems to be falling backwards, whereas the 2nd seems to be exploding. at first glance, i would think that the 1st is acceptable. then when you really look at both, either one also seems weird. :bsmilie:

Eyesthruthelens said:
Hi,
This shot is with the 17mm lens.. and it seem to be distorted..

97568340_0760bb88b0.jpg

Is there anyhthing that I can do on this photo to minimize the distortion?
PS or when I was taking this shot.. should I walk closer to the building?

Does this work?

97568345_4127bd24e8.jpg

u over done on the 2nd 1, just do slightly will be better, i wonder if there is a tool which can change the centre of the perspective curve.

the second looks strange because the pespective vanishing point is wrong.
especially vertical line of building is not 90 degree enough.
my 2 cent worth opinion

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i wonder if there is a tool which can change the centre of the perspective curve.
Try the lens distortion filter in PS CS2... I can show the sample results, but i'm not home...

They have a transform tool in Photoshop where u can alter the perspective right? :dunno:

iceberg said:
i was there too that morning!!
were you the one with family and baby pram?

the modified ones look very awkward... it somehow feels unnatural...

Nope.. I was there with my 7 years old daughter.. :D

I think it's the angle and view when the shot was taken.. this one seems better.. front view.

94973158_2ad7cd702e.jpg

I think I should move nearer to the building when taking from side view to minimize the distortion effects..

some people like distortion look, but then always dead straight is boring and also depends how your frame it.

You can try standing further away (provided it's possible) and use longer focal length lens to reduce the distortion and still maintain the same perspective.

The problem does not seem to be a lens distortion but a perspective distortion... this cannot be cured as it is a property of the lens and your angle of view... shooting straight on will help but often because we are much shorter than the buildings we shoot, we are forced to shoot upwards which creates that distortion... which is also why when u take a building using a wideangle from faraway the perspective distortion is hardly noticeable... for the shot of the Istana, unless u have a ladder which u can climb to reach about halfway the height of the building, there is really nothing u can do... software will help but the corrected picture is weird cos even our eyes suffer from this perspective distortion and we are expecting that when we look at the photo...

AncientMariner said:
Sorry to OT but very curious, What red flag is that shown flying?

That is the state colours... I think...

yaa... i like the 1st one...
i always like low shoot...

it makes subject even bigger...
of course this is where i intend to have it bigger...

Status
Not open for further replies.