Anyone yearning to go to Nepal and shoot to your heart's content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmott

Mar 24, 2002
Sin jia por lor...
As im gonna take a long break coming Jan.. to god knows when :p...
been thinking about going to Nepal.Just want to find out if i can find about 4-5 guys/gals to join me in this trip.

I've yet to find out the minute details.. according to tour agency.. its about 2k for 17 days trip.. so i gather.. we could organise ourselves and maybe save a couple of hundreds for the same itnerary. But the problem is duration.. i hope to go as long as the group can.. say at least 3 weeks to make the trip more worthwhile in terms of air ticket and stuff..

wah ok i'm out then. no way i can take 3 weeks to go nepal. business commitments... sigh.

*raising up my hand*

have intentions to go. but can only make it middle of next year after my course ends. :confused:

when do you guys plan on going? (exact dates)

Im keen....but have too much commitments at the moment...and no feasible amount of cash to whamboozle on a trip like that. :D

very tempted... keep me informed... should be outta a job by Jan. :)

I heard that its best to engage a local guide when travelling in Nepal. ;)

Originally posted by Jason Ho
I heard that its best to engage a local guide when travelling in Nepal. ;)

Your local meaning Nepalese? I would definately employ a native guide there.An official one provided by their agency over there.Rough outline of preparation from here.. is book airticket, booked nepalese guides in advance from singapore.

Dont worry about the duration.. its just my personal preference.. i know not easy to get 3 weeks off your job to do something like this.. as for me.. cos i'll be outta job.. so im taking the chance to do it.But why 3 weeks is becos.. climatisation takes a few days each higher level of altitude, so thats why normally trips are pretty long to see a region.

Just need more some info from interested parties like when,where and how much budget.And we can work it out from there.

Favourable periods to go are from march-april.. Least foggy and most picturesque and of course best weather.

you'll outta job TOO?? what a coincidence... we don't happen to be from the same firm right?? :p

in that case, shouldn't you plan to go in March? i'll be using a G2, wondering if i can charge my batteries there...

not much response so far though...

cheers!

Originally posted by shay
you'll outta job TOO?? what a coincidence... we don't happen to be from the same firm right?? :p

in that case, shouldn't you plan to go in March? i'll be using a G2, wondering if i can charge my batteries there...

not much response so far though...

cheers!
Hi shay,
I dont think we are from the same Co... actually my contract will end in jan.
Im planning to go in march but if they are clubsnappers who are interested we can accomodate each other's schedule and plan a trip together.. but first we need a few more ppl.

I suppose the problem of digicam's are batteries in this kinda places.. and regarding charging. hmm.. unless the sherpas are willing to run back to civilisation to charge it for you or carry your bag full of batteries.. :p

I'm interested. Had wanted to go this year but found out the situation is not good there. Keep me updated. I'll see if can make it.

woaaohh...
sounds interesting.
i will be out of job too in mid Jan, so can go for long holiday. only limiting factor is $$$.
2K for 17 days sounds resonable, of course, if can get cheaper, i also don't mind lah...

btw, i was thinking of going to tibet instead of nepal, since tibet seems more elusive (need to get special permit from PRC to go..) and hence more "interesting".... also the polictical situation in Nepal can be worrying....

:rbounce:

Originally posted by beachbum
woaaohh...
sounds interesting.
i will be out of job too in mid Jan, so can go for long holiday. only limiting factor is $$$.
2K for 17 days sounds resonable, of course, if can get cheaper, i also don't mind lah...

btw, i was thinking of going to tibet instead of nepal, since tibet seems more elusive (need to get special permit from PRC to go..) and hence more "interesting".... also the polictical situation in Nepal can be worrying....

:rbounce:

Tibet is on my list too.. U can apply visa on arrival i think.

Tibet is another picturesque place. Read about it. Interested too.

ermm guys ...is this thing still on???seems like no one replied for a very long time....

'm still keen if it is still on... :)

Originally posted by bresson
ermm guys ...is this thing still on???seems like no one replied for a very long time....

Shmott is on a business trip, he would be back in a few weeks time. ;)

I'm interested in going to Tibet as well. Maybe we can plan out one of these days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.