Anyone working in the offshore oil & gas industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

Apr 23, 2005
Hi guys...wonder if there 's any of you out there working or used to work as field engineers in offshore oil & gas such as oil rigs or oil exploration companies? Am currently looking for such a job and would hope to find out more from u guys.

Really need some advice from you if you have worked as such.

Last time when I worked at Digital Equipment, they sent me to offshore (exxon) to service a few servers. Does that count? anyway, very inconvient lar...

why you like to work offshore..?

Merciless_Knight said:
One word "mental torture".... just imgaine u r bound within to a certain space.
Harzardrous too.

yes, ......mental torture. I was once attached to TOTAL GAS and work in the gulf of Thailand. Beside the platform and the sea......u see nothing else. Good pay although but the work place, you must know how to take it.

ninelives said:
why not pm her your friend email address?? i wont give out my resume to a stranger especially for a gal.................

firstly,
based on certain industry practices that i hold to, i dont just give out email addresses.
i am doing the person a favour by passing it along.
(for example, all head hunting companies function like this)

if the company wants to contact the potential, the company will do so.

secondly, i dont know the thread's starters gender. i dont have any business stalking people.

lastly, you are probably not working yet or have not been extensively in the job market.
You will be SO surprised but for your information, your personal resume may be so widespread and known to others(strangers) that you wont even believe it.

I am a guy actually...haagen_dazs...pls check your email thanks.

ninelives said:
Last time when I worked at Digital Equipment, they sent me to offshore (exxon) to service a few servers. Does that count? anyway, very inconvient lar...

why you like to work offshore..?

Am actually doing my thesis now in a project within the oil & gas industry and will be gradutaing in a few months time. I will be staying in the same industry I think and hoping to get some out field experience and exposure. Doesn't have to be permanently based, if its a job within the same industry but allows you training outfield that would be nice too. Doesn't have to be offshore, land based rigs or oil exploration engineering are also very enticing to me.

I am probably crazy but I like to go the route and path which is less travelled.

I'm wondering what kind of qualifications would get me a job in this industry. Presently in IT. :)

I presume Civil, Mechnical or Chemical Engineering field if they want to consider someone educated in Singapore.
However, Singapore educated folks may have a disadvantage when compared to those educated overseas.
Reason: Other countries do have Exploration, Geothermal, etc which are more relevant (IMHO)

Status
Not open for further replies.