Anyone with W1 pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gootlah

May 25, 2004
Looking to get the W1, anyone have pics to share?

Might be getting it tonight. Can post later? :D

However I tried it at PC Show. Its simply AWESOME! When power on the retractable lens just shoots out! Very nice to hold. Earlier tried my hands on Kodak's and Canon (A80), no fight! :D

The shutter lag is really very minimal. Picture is sharp and crisp.

Ok going out now... update tonight!!

Ok guys here you go. After sending my 2 month old to "wonderland", I'm uploading 3 sample quickies pic. Hope I can put up more tomorrow.

(WARNING large file: 2Mb+ each)
Pic 1 (clean? Look again)
Pic 2 (no tripod,freehand)
Pic 3( another quickies at Taxi stand :D )

ps: my wifey love the cam so much. And so do I :D !!!!!!!! Becos the pic came out sharper than my 300D .

Sorry to say this but I think your pics did not do justice to the camera. Not sure if it's bcos you took the pics in low light and they appear very noisy and fuzzy (not sharp).

Perhaps you can try to take some day shots and post them again? :think:

Tried the W1 at the PC Show. 1st impression is very good. Really tempted to get one as a compact cam to bring ard

I've to agree with holeinone about it being noisy. However, it's expected of a CCD camera even with Noise reduction on. You can't compare this to a DSLR, especially one with a CMOS sensor. The Mcdonald pic most likely camera shake because you use the max zoom in low light.

If you don't like noise, you can use neatimage to get rid of it.

I think it's a very handy camera to bring around and this camera will do well in daylight.

Thanks for the pics!!!!

What's the PC show offer for this?? any additional freebies??

Yes, even the infamous 828 "comes with" lots of noise when ISO set above 100. No doubt about the hand shake, thats why I mentioned its a "quickie" :D .

Mean while uploading 4 more. The indoors ones are great. Too bad I deleted the ones I took of the sales person.

Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7

I must admit I'm still in the learning stage, sorry not able to produce a nice picture for sampling .Hopefully some "Gao Ren" can show us his piece of Nice Sample.

ps: this wonderful gadget is for my wife , she don't care about Noise, CA etc ..etc.. :D

I was convinced from just brief try at the PC Show that the W1 is a fantastic cam. Of course I did not buy from there lah. Can get much cheaper than $749 elsewhere and also comes with the freebies. :bsmilie:

Bought it tdy. I am very satisfied with it. Fantastic performance and it has solid movie capabilities too. Certainly a good compact complement to my 717. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bobo, much better pics.. Again, I own a 707 before and it doesn't take dark blue very well as it turns blue to purple. Just like in your domino train pic. I've got this train too.. and it isn't the right colour. Anyhow, I still think this is a great camera.

I was playing around with one at the PC show the other day and found that the 2.5" a little too big, quite intimidating at times.. heee! maybe I'm too used to having a smal lcd.

holeinone, Really.. where did you buy it from and what freebies were included?

holeinone said:
I was convinced from just brief try at the PC Show that the W1 is a fantastic cam. Of course I did not buy from there lah. Can get much cheaper than $749 elsewhere and also comes with the freebies. :bsmilie:

Bought it tdy. I am very satisfied with it. Fantastic performance and it has solid movie capabilities too. Certainly a good compact complement to my 717. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I had a try on the W1 at the Wisma Sony Gallery today, and it's really fantastic. Side-by-side with V1, the V1 is no longer impressive. The W1 start-up time is excellent and power-up to first-shot is as fast as F828! The LCD screen is also really very huge, looks like a cam targeted for the elderly. ivan is right that it's TOO HUGE, now everyone will see what you are capturing... no good.. and the usual electronic zoom is slow.

Get it if you are a Sony fan/Memory Stick user. For me, I'm a CF user so it won't be my choice for digicam backup. Image quality-wise, I still place my bet on Canon.

yes.. i think this is the camera i wanted all these while..

-large lcd screen
-not too big nor small
-use AA bat.
-heard PQ is matching up with competitor

always like sony camera but PQ lose out.. but now they are coming back with a good fight!!!

pianodancer said:
I had a try on the W1 at the Wisma Sony Gallery today, and it's really fantastic. Side-by-side with V1, the V1 is no longer impressive. The W1 start-up time is excellent and power-up to first-shot is as fast as F828! The LCD screen is also really very huge, looks like a cam targeted for the elderly. ivan is right that it's TOO HUGE, now everyone will see what you are capturing... no good.. and the usual electronic zoom is slow.

Get it if you are a Sony fan/Memory Stick user. For me, I'm a CF user so it won't be my choice for digicam backup. Image quality-wise, I still place my bet on Canon.

I think only Sony is being adventurous and design savvy enuf to incorporate such a big LCD screen. Mind you, it's not easy to have such a big screen squeezed into such a small form factor. Compared to the tiny LCD size that the Canon A80 has, this is a worlds apart. I would love to have a big LCD over a tiny one anytime.

For a person like me that has loads of MS, it certainly makes sense for me to have the W1. Oh btw, for the 1st time, Sony is including the 128Mb stick in the package. So now there is no excuse for not buying one bcos of expensive MS.

To me, Sony puts up more than a good fight for Canon. I am a Canon fan too.

TsQ said:
yes.. i think this is the camera i wanted all these while..

-large lcd screen
-not too big nor small
-use AA bat.
-heard PQ is matching up with competitor

always like sony camera but PQ lose out.. but now they are coming back with a good fight!!!

I dun think the pic quality of sony was bad to start off with. In any case, they are definitely one of the more innovative manufacturers around.

holeinone said:
I dun think the pic quality of sony was bad to start off with. In any case, they are definitely one of the more innovative manufacturers around.

Well, during the time with their 4mp (cant remember model but i think its P5) vs canon S30/s40 .. it was losing out in PS by far... since then their PQ for small/portable ones wasnt any good until now with the recent models. Their prices also no more "sony" style.. with most cheaper then the competitor.

I am considering the W1... but just spend a lot in a nintendo so erm... see how it goes :)

btw, which u all prefer? black or silver? I think the black one is nice...

holeinone said:

I think he is referring to the image quality, not the LCD screen quality.

Bobo, W1's built is better than the Canon A series but not comparable to the Canon S-series.

holeinone, the reason why A80's LCD is so small is because it can be swiveled around.

I think in the old P-series, Sony targets at normal consumer who goes for design and compactness. These models do not have any strong photo-taking features (like shutter/aperture/manual modes) compared to Canon S-series. The battery life is also horrible. Good to see that Sony is coming up strong with W1.

i like the firm hold and the quick start up. But too bad i already had T1. if not i will be getting this. the Large LCD is good. same as T1. but i dont really like the AA battery thingy :rolleyes:

bianzi said:
i like the firm hold and the quick start up. But too bad i already had T1. if not i will be getting this. the Large LCD is good. same as T1. but i dont really like the AA battery thingy :rolleyes:

Think this is down to preference. I have got frens who dun like Sony products last time bcos they always use proprietary items.

pianodancer said:
I think he is referring to the image quality, not the LCD screen quality.

Bobo, W1's built is better than the Canon A series but not comparable to the Canon S-series.

holeinone, the reason why A80's LCD is so small is because it can be swiveled around.

I think in the old P-series, Sony targets at normal consumer who goes for design and compactness. These models do not have any strong photo-taking features (like shutter/aperture/manual modes) compared to Canon S-series. The battery life is also horrible. Good to see that Sony is coming up strong with W1.

The A80 was the cam that I always recommend to my frens whenever they wanna buy a compact cam. After the W1 came out, A80 totally no fight. I know this is subjective but this is how confident I feel of the W1. Sony has really come up with a winner this time.

As for the S-series, it's built like a brick no doubt but the design is quite dated already. Anyway, I still think the W1 has better built quality. ;)

So how's the quality of the pictures as compared to ixus 430???
I really can't decide btween this two.
Anyway, sim lim's selling W1 at about $680 .

Status
Not open for further replies.