anyone with partime lobang?


Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas.h

New Member
Apr 14, 2005
123
0
0
Yewtee
#1
just graduated from singapore poly,
looking for a job before i enter the army.
I havent received a letter though, so i wouldnt
know when i will be posted.

thanks alot.
 

eugenep

Senior Member
Nov 20, 2004
2,242
0
0
Changi
#3
By the way, just curious what is the poly fresh grad pay and uni grad pay now?
 

thomas.h

New Member
Apr 14, 2005
123
0
0
Yewtee
#4
aerospace electronics. but any job is fine with me.

i've no idea abt pay.
 

Waffle

New Member
Sep 10, 2003
332
0
0
32
#5
oooh, don't mind me jumping in but i'm in the same situation as you, graduated from NP though. :D

i did Mass Communication, but am interested in events management and photography. anyone? ;)
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
#6
Waffle said:
oooh, don't mind me jumping in but i'm in the same situation as you, graduated from NP though. :D

i did Mass Communication, but am interested in events management and photography. anyone? ;)
from what you said.. so you're also waiting for NS?
 

Waffle

New Member
Sep 10, 2003
332
0
0
32
#7
yanyewkay said:
from what you said.. so you're also waiting for NS?
yep. havent gotten my enlistment letter yet... so... sian.
 

Sep 18, 2004
191
0
0
#8
eugenep said:
By the way, just curious what is the poly fresh grad pay and uni grad pay now?
general uni degree with no honours - starting about $2550

uni degree with good honours/distinctions - > $2900-3000 (banking, finance, etc: can even start from 5K)

at least according to the recent report for the last batch.

poly: not sure.
 

filofari

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
389
0
0
35
singapore
Visit site
#9
Waffle said:
oooh, don't mind me jumping in but i'm in the same situation as you, graduated from NP though. :D

i did Mass Communication, but am interested in events management and photography. anyone? ;)
for event management, maybe you can ask the companies that you are interested to join if they have any internship? paid peanuts or even no pay but you'll gain lots of experience.
 

#10
skinnylatte said:
general uni degree with no honours - starting about $2550
depends on what sector u're working in.
now, S$2.55k for a fresh grad is VERY HIGH.

skinnylatte said:
uni degree with good honours/distinctions - > $2900-3000 (banking, finance, etc: can even start from 5K)
me and my frens mux haf been grossly underpaid!:cry:
for banking/finance sector, for sure they pay well.

skinnylatte said:
at least according to the recent report for the last batch.
well, things aren't that rosy tat's for sure! :bsmilie:

skinnylatte said:
poly: not sure.
don't count on it. u'll be lucky to get S$1.8k/month as starting pay.


i think the economy is still picking up. fresh grads don't expect too much. keep ur expectations low and u might jus land a good job.
 

X

xVx

Guest
#11
being in the industry, i can safely say your quoted entry level pay is too high, skinnylatte.
you will be surprised how much people get these days even though their skill sets are impressive and/or the amount of work is involved in the job scope.

these days, everyone is underpaid, overworked.
sad truth of working life in sg.
 

#12
xVx said:
being in the industry, i can safely say your quoted entry level pay is too high, skinnylatte.
you will be surprised how much people get these days even though their skill sets are impressive and/or the amount of work is involved in the job scope.

these days, everyone is underpaid, overworked.
sad truth of working life in sg.

:thumbsup: bingo!

if only $$ comes that easily! :bsmilie:
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
#13
skinnylatte said:
general uni degree with no honours - starting about $2550

uni degree with good honours/distinctions - > $2900-3000 (banking, finance, etc: can even start from 5K)

at least according to the recent report for the last batch.

poly: not sure.
yeah.. i'm interested in where you got your data from also.. it seems way over the scale from what I see.

I got this off the net of a local site.

General Degree $1,737
General Degree with Merit $1,857
2nd Class, Lower Honours $2,118
2nd Class, Upper Honours $2,275

and starting with a 5K pay.. :think: you must be joking.. who would want to pay a fresh grad 5K? Probably if you have a fresh PhD with some good research papers to back your name.
 

X

xVx

Guest
#14
yanyewkay said:
Probably if you have a fresh PhD with some good research papers to back your name.
master's nowadays like toilet paper also :bsmilie:
its all about 'outsourcing' ... cheap and good ... how to fight ...
 

erizai

New Member
Sep 16, 2005
1,467
0
0
Southen Sea
#15
Sadly but true..:cry:

xVx said:
being in the industry, i can safely say your quoted entry level pay is too high, skinnylatte.
you will be surprised how much people get these days even though their skill sets are impressive and/or the amount of work is involved in the job scope.

these days, everyone is underpaid, overworked.
sad truth of working life in sg.
 

eugenep

Senior Member
Nov 20, 2004
2,242
0
0
Changi
#16
Eh..i seen the gov service giving 3k for 2nd honours... so i guess 2500 for just a degree should be okei right?
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,816
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
#17
Definitely an overkill. Where you got this piece of information from? The press? :bsmilie:

I'm sure there are a lot of fresh grads here who can provide much accurate data. :)

skinnylatte said:
general uni degree with no honours - starting about $2550

uni degree with good honours/distinctions - > $2900-3000 (banking, finance, etc: can even start from 5K)

at least according to the recent report for the last batch.

poly: not sure.
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
#18
my friend in an overseas bank based in sg. her pay is ~2.2K with 3 years experience. Not sure with honours or not..
 

X

xVx

Guest
#19
but also varies from industry to industry, from company to company, from employer to employer, from employee to employee la :D

anyway if need lobang .... pm me, I try to help ;)
 

Waffle

New Member
Sep 10, 2003
332
0
0
32
#20
fresh poly grads should be expecting a salary range within $1,200 to a realistic high of $1,500, this is fresh news from the lot of my friends who have already gotten themselves full-time jobs. (they're girls, no NS, thus can afford to go straight into full-time, if you must know)

the lucky one or two that i know got offered $1,800 a mth.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom