Anyone with experience buying from B&H?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teL

Jul 8, 2003
Singapore
engloy.elcreations.net
Just like to find out whether if anyone has any recent experiences buying from online stores such as B&H?

Tempted to get a lens from them since it is much cheaper (and with international warranty too!). I understand that for purchases above $400, I will have to pay 5% GST. When does this payment take place? When FedEx/UPS delivers the package? Or will they "impound" somewhere until payment is made?

I remember having to go down to Film Censors Board to "redeem" my DVDs (UPS was stopped at the airport and diverted to deliver my package to them) when I did an online purchase sometime back.

Have good experience with B&H, so far.

Any purchases >S$400 (including shipping/handling fess and insurance) will be charged with 5% GST.

If UPS is ur courier handler, they will charge a $10 or $15 (cant rem exactly) dispersement fee, on top of the 5% GST, which will need to be paid on the spot when they deliver the item(s) to your designated address.

If you refuse to pay on the spot, the item would probably be sent back to the UPS pending further instructions I reckoned.

Have good experience with B&H, so far.

Any purchases >S$400 (including shipping/handling fess and insurance) will be charged with 5% GST.

If UPS is ur courier handler, they will charge a $10 or $15 (cant rem exactly) dispersement fee, on top of the 5% GST, which will need to be paid on the spot when they deliver the item(s) to your designated address.

If you refuse to pay on the spot, the item would probably be sent back to the UPS pending further instructions I reckoned.

Thanks for the reply.

I suppose paying that extra $10-15 (Sing dollars?) is worth more than paying extra for Fed Ex?

What's this bit about insurance?

I've ordered many things from US. Musical instruments related. I never used insurance. I think there was only once where the item got stuck in customs.

As for B&H, I ordered a CF card reader (3/4 expresscard, can't find in SG) for my MBP. Shipping took 3 days as I used UPS.

Thanks for all the replies. Anyone tried to buy lenses from them? On the verge of buying one from them since there's close to a 15% difference in price between getting it online versus buying it in local shops. :sweat:

Thanks for all the replies. Anyone tried to buy lenses from them? On the verge of buying one from them since there's close to a 15% difference in price between getting it online versus buying it in local shops. :sweat:[/QUOTE

The 15% price diff is after including all the shipping fees, GST, processing fees, etc ah?

Thanks for all the replies. Anyone tried to buy lenses from them? On the verge of buying one from them since there's close to a 15% difference in price between getting it online versus buying it in local shops. :sweat:[/QUOTE

The 15% price diff is after including all the shipping fees, GST, processing fees, etc ah?

Yes. That's after factoring everything in. Sounds good, doesn't it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.