Anyone who want to try SLR but unsure if they could get used to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurblock

May 30, 2003
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
Hi All :),

I am thinking of letting Newbies who will possiblity want to go into SLR but are still unsure if they will be comfortable with SLR have a go with my old Minolta Camera ...... Meaning letting newbies use it for sometime until they felt comfortable with it then return it back to me, so others newbies can try .... Since no one want to buy it as a set ;)

At least some use for the old workhorse.

The configuration are as follows :-

1 x Minolta 700si
1 x Minolta 5400HS Flashlight
1 x Tamron 28-200 Lens
1 x Minolta RC-1000 (Long) Remote Control
1 x Marco Extension Tube

Of course you will have to provide your own films and battery :).

Don't know if the moderator will put a sticky tab on it or not ;).
Please note that this is a free service and no charges for the use of this camera.

Hey, I will chip in with my Minolta set too. heh heh, since no one wants to buy this set, too.
Then whoever trying can bring his/her friend, and got a partner.

Minolta 500si
28-80mm minolta lens
80-210mm tamron lens

Just bring your own film.

right, no charges. except perhaps a kopi-o?? ;-)

On lar........

I got the following that I can make available too........

Minolta 9xi
leather casing for the 9xi
50 f/1.4
Teleplux MC7 2x Teleconverter

Of course the potential tester should PM us lah .... don't expect to publish your nick or your name on the thread right? :)

Unless of course you ran away with our equipment ;).

Theses are all good bodies.:)

well done people, very generous of you and a very good idea! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

if any1 wants to have a go with Nikon manual stuff, i got some cameras and lenses i can t/loan out to interested newbies as well.

i honestly think that this is a good idea. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
i believe that most of us (old bird) here lack the first 'feel' of slr thus a lot of questions went unanswered until we bought the cam.
it is the vital point or may be the deciding factor!

by experiencing slr, newbies can decide for themselves better, rather than asking the normally asked questions (eg: which cam should i get..bla bla bla..). dun get me wrong, you can ask such questions, but would it be better if you can also ask more 'technical' questions... like how to get more DOF in manual mode.....etc. this in turn will make this forum more interesting.

cheers ppl.

you guys are great. maybe will approach one of you to try out slr.

Oh...you're all so kind. *so touched* :cry:
Can I KIV your offer till next year (after I learn more about slr techniques)? :D

ghibli said:
Can I KIV your offer till next year (after I learn more about slr techniques)? :D

Sure :) .... as long as no one buys our system .... I guess ;) .... LOL

Haha...how can anyone not get used to the wonderful world of SLRs? ;)
It makes creative shots much easier to handle.

ghibli said:

Grabe the chance and learn from there.no slr how to have hands on ?? how to learn? if you mean "learn" when you read books or surf internet, then these are all theory only, no practical........ if I were you, I'll grab the 9xi from frisky...

Zerstorer said:
Theses are all good bodies.:)

My personal favourite camera is the 700si, has every thing i need, the spot button is a well use button....I have since sold of my 700si and get the dynax 7...still trying to get use to changing the metering mode from 14 segment to spot--->need to filp the switch....

Hi is it possible to get the 5400 HS to fire on a minolta dimage A1 camera ?

vader said:
still trying to get use to changing the metering mode from 14 segment to spot--->need to filp the switch....

And I often forget to change it back :embrass:

Haha to you deslim... :blah: . hurry up guy and gals, dun miss the chance to experience SLRs..... :D

Its indeed heartwarming to see such generosity from netizens coming together in the sprit of photography. I simply had to pen something to show my appreciation for these pioneers. In addition to getting a feel of SLR, I just like to add that for those who are uncertain as to whether you will eventually lose interest in photography, this is a good chance to make certain if your interest last. Once again, a big word of thanks to the generous folks!

Actually I am trying to do something evil ..... you see, I want everyone to get hooked on SLR, then spend their money on lenses like I did ..... LOL..... :hammer:

Too bad I do not have good bonuses this year, if not I would buy a secondhand D30/60 for backup usage ..... which can be lent out too ;)........ oh well .... hoping for a better bonuses next year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.