Anyone wearing Transition lens, good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoelse

Oct 17, 2003
The one that will darken out door, how much is the cost roughly? Good? I tot last time already have something like that? What is the diff with Transition lens? :what:

Well transitions lenses not only acts as sunglass, it provide our eyes from harmful sunlight (UV rays) cos the lens is cover with UV blockage coating. A pair cost around $299 cheaper than getting a pairs of camera lens.

very cool lens but i find that it makes u look older ;p

i got mine for like $150 for the lens. Quite cool. But don't wear it if you are going to take photos ;p machiam having ND filter on.:bsmilie:

akane said:
i got mine for like $150 for the lens. Quite cool. But don't wear it if you are going to take photos ;p machiam having ND filter on.:bsmilie:

Hi,

Where did you get it? Does the $150 include the frame? Please advice. Thank you.

they work as advertised. imo, quite amazing.

Can I check is this plastic or glass lens? if plastics, any scratch resistance coating?

Tze-Ming said:
Can I check is this plastic or glass lens? if plastics, any scratch resistance coating?

Are u the Tze Ming I know ?

Did mine about 3 yrs back cost $100++ and with the frames totalled $300++. Damn good lenses. Darkens according to the light density as well. If sun super bright, it will become very dark.

Cheers....

got mine for free from AXN contest :p only top up $60 for a better frame. Not bad, turns dark when i'm outdoors, i think it depends on the UV level for the darkness.

Not suitable if you are driving. It will react only to UV ray not bright light.

Paid $200 for the lens 3 yrs' back! No regret getting it :) Few shades to choose fm actually.

S11loop said:
very cool lens but i find that it makes u look older ;p

confirm will make you look older...some even say look like ah pek :sweatsm:

akane said:

Agree lah... the first week i got it, i was wondering why my camera machiam spoil like dat....hardly see a thing in the viewfinder or the lcd... later realise it is because of my lens....transition lens.

But not bad lah, quite nice to have when driving because convenient...dun need to leave sunglass in car.

Got mine at Pearl's Optics at Chinatown for S$220+ including frame. Use it everyday and saves me the trouble of having to bring my sunglasses along.

markccm said:
if u have a high degree or high astig, forget it.

its very thick.

i thought the lens will be thinner even though if you have a high degree, thats what the guy told me IIRC, and the lens are shatter resistant. Probably there are a few grades of transitions lens.

Francis247 said:
Hi,

Where did you get it? Does the $150 include the frame? Please advice. Thank you.

$150 lens only

Status
Not open for further replies.