Anyone watch The Forbidden kingdom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcueMedia

Oct 25, 2006
Musing, why English is mostly spoken, find the mixed language quite amusing.

There's chinese version and english version for the movie. Singapore imported the english version. According to some reviews, the english version is the original sound, and the chinese version is from post production.

Going to watch this wednesday, hope it's good! :)

This show is made with Hollywood money and is targetted at the mainstream English speaking public in the West. So the producers would like to minimise the time the viewers have to spend reading subtitles. Also, if the movie is completely in Mandarin, it would be classified as a foreign movie and might become too arty-farty for the mass market. It is however not an art movie and therefore will also not attract the arty-farty crowd even if shown in Mandarin. In short, showing the movie in Mandarin in the West will not sell tickets. :dunno:

If the audiance can accept Rush hour and Romeo must die, I don't see a reason why they can't accept this one just because both Jet Li and Jackie featured in the same show :lovegrin:

Actually I hope one day we will see a new movie with Chow Yuen Fatt, Michele Yeo and Zhang Zi Yi fetured in one....it is like a big reunion of Oriental Star in Hollywood :lovegrin:

It's actually surprisingly entertaining. It's better to catch the english version, especially if you understand chinese, because then it really becomes just too funny.

Its quite funny, with Jackie Chan and Jet Li complimenting each other in the movie. The storyline however was disappointing personally, but still it's a must watch.

my comments: corny:bsmilie:!!! esp when u hear the 2 guys speak english... the ladies spoke good english though :think:

It's so wierd to listen to our chinese hollywood actors speaking english. I still prefer it in our mother tongue.

my comments: corny:bsmilie:!!! esp when u hear the 2 guys speak english... the ladies spoke good english though :think:

the ladies spoke good english? well clarity maybe..but the dialogue seems so weird..its like direct translation of some chinese poems to english..even for the title..the chinese and english title doesn't match..and the chinese title has no meaning to the movie..

it's hilarious and entertaining. i felt like i was laughing at ourselves. somehow poking fun of the chinese classic characters and our language. hmm..

are there 2 versions of this movie being screened in singapore?

i find the story a little weird....time travel and kung fu....

not to mention....ENGLISH!!!!

watching it next week...hope i wont be disappted by the fight scenes...

but whatever the case....the saving grace will be liu yi fei!!!!

=)

Good movie. Shot on Panavision Genesis (Translation: Full digital workflow. That's according to the cinematographer Peter Pau, and also he claims it's the first use of the camera in Asia.)

The storyline is not very gd but I consider this a fun movie to watch esp. the part where they are in the desert..hahahaha

The storyline is not very gd but I consider this a fun movie to watch esp. the part where they are in the desert..hahahaha

The part where Jackie is praying for the rain right? :)

My impression is that Li Bing Bing's dialogue is dubbed.

But she's one cool babe in the movie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.