Anyone using view finder magnifier?

Nikon DK17M + DK19.
1.7x magnification.

Total cost locally about just the same as the overpriced 3rd party one that you gave a link to.

Nikon DK17M + DK19.
1.7x magnification.

Total cost locally about just the same as the overpriced 3rd party one that you gave a link to.

Brother, i am using the same as urs for my D700, Magnifier + eye cup, but only 1.2 times lar.. nt 1.7.. ;)

I came accross this at ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/New-Rubber-1...igital_Camera_Accessories?hash=item1c0bf29bf4

Seem pretty compact at a pretty good magnification. Anyone is using viewfinder magnifier can share ur experience? State ur model and the price if possible. Thanks!!:)

Love it for comfort (u wun get oily facial stains on ur LCD screen no more) and ease of use : D17m (1.2 times magnifier) prove handy in tricky macro shooting environment or tiny critters, DK19 (rubebr cup) allow concentration and prevent stray light from entering ur viewfinder and mislead u into making wrong judgement before u hit the shutter button~ Lovin them both!:kiss:

Price~ i will say got it under SGD100 from OP sometime back.. HTH man :)

Nikon DG-2's (several of them). 2x magnification. Price approx $75 USD
Nikon DK17M (approx $40 USD) on rare occasions.

btw, canon user here... just check canon's catalog, they don't have a magnifier like nikon. :(

Are you gonna put it up on a DX or FX body? I used the DK-21M of Nikon on my D300 and didn't like it most of the times (Loss of viewfinder area albeit with a miniscule gain in the magnification). This serves well for special purposes like macro though!

I read some good reviews on this KPS design magnifier. Quite a solid build I guess..Can you provide more feedback?

I have used it on both my 40D and 5D. The rubber eyecup is of excellent quality and can be folded inwards and stay true all the time no matter how many times you do it. The eyecup is detachable by unscrewing from the main magnifier attachment. The set comes with 3 attachments, for Pentax, Nikon and Canon. The main attachment with glass is very solid and can be screwed tight when attached to the camera view finder to prevent any movement. A cute screwdriver is provided with the set.

i'm interested to get one for MF as well.
but any idea how do i cal the reduction in vf coverage when using the magnifiers?

i'm interested to get one for MF as well.
but any idea how do i cal the reduction in vf coverage when using the magnifiers?

The magnification of the KPS is fixed at 1.35x and may overblow your focusing screen making composition a little tricky but you will get used to it. Check your view finder's size as a percentage of your focusing screen and multiply by the KPS magnification factor.