• Crafting with Filters - by Jon Chiang Saturday, 22th Dec @ Funan Showsuite 1:30pm to 3:30pm. Visit this thread for more information.

Anyone using the Manfrotoo Neotec 458B Tripod


Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
http://www.manfrotto.com/neotec/default.htm
this one

is it really seem so easy and convenient to pull out and push back the tripod leg like the flash page ?

anyone know how much is this tripod ?

i like the idea of this tripod but .... it is so heavy ... 2.4KG ... around 3KG with a manfrotto ball head .... this back me off ...
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,267
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#2
there is a discussion of this last year, and since tat day to now, nobody in sg seem to have this tripod, and its not on sale at any shops...

i'd prefer a CF version of the 055pro, something that is versatile, but the head is still aluminium, only the stand is CF, so if the price is a hell of a difference, i'd rather get a Gitzo explorer or leveling tripod...
 

loupgarou

New Member
Sep 9, 2003
1,766
0
0
#6
wow , its so cool, too bad about the weight, but if they come out with a CF version...
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,267
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#7
loupgarou said:
wow , its so cool, too bad about the weight, but if they come out with a CF version...
ya, just made a comparison... it might just get to replace my 055proB... if its not expensive... its actually taller than the 190Pro, the only diff is the centre column i believe, cos its significantly shorter when fully extended than the 055pro. i wonder if its possible to change the strap to neoprene ones, since its neotec how come dun seem like a neoprene? :bsmilie:
 

Sjourn

Senior Member
Aug 9, 2004
967
0
0
Punggol 21
#8
Bros, I just checked with CP and heard JJ not bringing in the neotec to SG. They shld should be in the price range of 400-500+
 

Mar 28, 2003
189
0
0
41
Toa Payoh
Visit site
#9
I believe we can go TK to take a look at the tripod. Played with it many months back, when it just arrived. It's still there. There was a monopod version as well, did not get to play with it as SOMEBODY acted very fast, bought it right after it came. Heh. Would love to get the monopod.
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,267
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#10
Sjourn said:
Bros, I just checked with CP and heard JJ not bringing in the neotec to SG. They shld should be in the price range of 400-500+
like tat rather bo hua liao... cos its cheaper to buy a CF tripod... even a gitzo is cheaper... if its about 200+ i dun mind... since a 055proB already cost me 180, den 250 for the fancy legs, just nice...
 

#11
Aiya DCA, you can ask me mah. :bsmilie:

Anyway, there is one set display there, have handle it and found its quite heavy.
Though the handling are users friendly that 190Pro and 055Pro but it cost about $500 plus and the weight is heavy than 055Pro. :(
 

Dennis

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
3,881
0
0
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
#12
I believe they do have a number of the monopod now. Yes the tripod is still there and now complimented by the monopod. Price I am not sure, got to ask them. I believe they do have at least 3 pcs of the monopod but better hurry that was sometime ago.

FiveIronFrenzy said:
I believe we can go TK to take a look at the tripod. Played with it many months back, when it just arrived. It's still there. There was a monopod version as well, did not get to play with it as SOMEBODY acted very fast, bought it right after it came. Heh. Would love to get the monopod.
 

Dennis

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
3,881
0
0
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
#13
You sure Gitzo CF is cheaper ??.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
like tat rather bo hua liao... cos its cheaper to buy a CF tripod... even a gitzo is cheaper... if its about 200+ i dun mind... since a 055proB already cost me 180, den 250 for the fancy legs, just nice...
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,267
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#14
monopod how much?

eh KT... u see b4 liao ar... kao 500+ i think i buy another 190Pro & a Velbon Sherpa Pro also can... or heart break buy a Gitzo CF levelling tripod... this is the 1st item u see yet never buy... must be something bad.. ;p
 

jbma

Senior Member
Dec 28, 2003
3,287
0
0
Tampines
#16
Looks interesting but the weight and price is a drawback. If 200+ can consider.
 

Dennis

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
3,881
0
0
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
#17
Frankly speaking the neotec is not that bad except for the weight. That is the killer for me, it will break my back before I can even get to use it.
I think monopod is much cheaper and more useful.
 

#19
Dennis said:
Frankly speaking the neotec is not that bad except for the weight. That is the killer for me, it will break my back before I can even get to use it.
I think monopod is much cheaper and more useful.
OT a bit. I seldom use monopod.
On what occassion will it be suitable for usage?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom