Anyone using the creative gigawork speaker at home ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxger

Deregistered
Feb 10, 2005
Wild wild west
hihi .... Recently saw this Creative demo the speaker at the IT fair ....
Anyone connect the Creative GigaWork THX 750 to the DVD player to watch movies ? ;p
How is it ? Do i need to use a decoder ( DDTS-100 decoder system ) anot ?

Thank for reading ... :kiss:

Yes you'll need a decoder, preferably the DDTS-100 if you want DTS and DD5.1. It's honestly a very average system and you'll find the subwoofer struggling to keep up with bass heavy movies. The extra two speakers are also pointless as few movies actually support 7.1. Overall you'd be better off investing in a home cinema set rather than multimedia speakers.

thoa_rs said:
Yes you'll need a decoder, preferably the DDTS-100 if you want DTS and DD5.1. It's honestly a very average system and you'll find the subwoofer struggling to keep up with bass heavy movies. The extra two speakers are also pointless as few movies actually support 7.1. Overall you'd be better off investing in a home cinema set rather than multimedia speakers.

Thank you for your reply ..... :D
Ya lor ... its every speakers only 70W only ....... :(

:think: ... point is - how big a room of sound do you want to fill?

Not many people will want to go all the way on investing on a home theatre system.

The gigaworks should perform well if your room isn't too big (average HDB sized bedroom).

And you yes... what is your budget?

Maybe you can take a look at this combo instead:

Logitech Z5500 ($699) it does DTS / Dolby Digital Processing on its own + Nachus HD-3188 (found @ courts at around 250 odd...)

dEthANGeL said:
:think: ... point is - how big a room of sound do you want to fill?

Not many people will want to go all the way on investing on a home theatre system.

The gigaworks should perform well if your room isn't too big (average HDB sized bedroom).

Ya ... its is for my bedroom use ... =)
I like the gigawork speaker, cos i can hang on the wall .... cos my room abits small ... =(

xxxger said:
Ya ... its is for my bedroom use ... =)
I like the gigawork speaker, cos i can hang on the wall .... cos my room abits small ... =(

But then as you know - Creative speakers are pretty dodgy. If you haven't tried the Logitech ... go try it out ... :thumbsup: ... @ Comex 2006, demoed the system and its simply astonishing. Can't go wrong with the combo i mentioned as the Nachus player is a demon ... its able to play anything burnt out of the computer and it even does upscaling if you're connecting it to a plasma!

dEthANGeL said:

Logitech Z5500 ($699) it does DTS / Dolby Digital Processing on its own + Nachus HD-3188 (found @ courts at around 250 odd...)

Actually i not really have the budget ... as long as it is good lor ... =) but of course not too ex lor .... :D
the Gigawork 750 is around $799 and the DDTS 100 is about $249 ....
Actually i also being looking at the Yamaha system ....
Anyone know DHT-459? how you think about it ? ( sorry ... dun know what is the website to show , cos i found the model at the IMM Best store )

xxxger said:
Actually i not really have the budget ... as long as it is good lor ... =) but of course not too ex lor .... :D
the Gigawork 750 is around $799 and the DDTS 100 is about $249 ....
Actually i also being looking at the Yamaha system ....
Anyone know DHT-459? how you think about it ? ( sorry ... dun know what is the website to show , cos i found the model at the IMM Best store )

I am thinking for the yamaha, cos i scare if i bought the creative one ... then i dun know how to connect to my dvd player ... then i will cry lor ... :embrass:

dEthANGeL said:

Thank ... will looking into their website and read more on the logitec Z5500 .... thank you :D

Yeap .. do a little read up on it.. its pretty good for its price.

The creative is overpriced and you don't use the 7.1 most of the time unless the movie supports it. You're still forced to buy the external processor compared to the Logitech counterpart... everything's integrated.. and a FAR bigger subwoofer.

Connection to your DVD player is simple. DVD Player rear (look for a Digital out, usually marked "Coax out" or "Coaxial out") ... and just run a normal or special RCA cable to the processor.

I'm using a Marantz SR4300 amp with 6.1 in my bedroom .. overkill but it does the job :sweatsm:

Here's a review on the logitech Z5500 - http://www.techtastic.ca/reviews5/z5500.html

Thank you for all the trouble to explain ... :D
I think i take someone advice from here, get a dvd sound system, instead of just a multimedia computer speaker that all ... =)
How is your Marantz SR4300 amp? must be very cool ....
I today went to IMM agagin ... and saw this model RX-V659 .... so tempting
http://www.yamaha-hifi.com/index.php?&idcat1=1&idcat2=2&idcat3=2&idprod=1311&lang=e&country=UK
and match with the following speaker system :
NS-555/NS-333/NS-C444 and subwoofer YST-SW315
I first time buy these type of thing ... really dun know good anot lor ... :embrass:

dEthANGeL said:
Yeap .. do a little read up on it.. its pretty good for its price.

The creative is overpriced and you don't use the 7.1 most of the time unless the movie supports it. You're still forced to buy the external processor compared to the Logitech counterpart... everything's integrated.. and a FAR bigger subwoofer.

Connection to your DVD player is simple. DVD Player rear (look for a Digital out, usually marked "Coax out" or "Coaxial out") ... and just run a normal or special RCA cable to the processor.

I'm using a Marantz SR4300 amp with 6.1 in my bedroom .. overkill but it does the job :sweatsm:

Here's a review on the logitech Z5500 - http://www.techtastic.ca/reviews5/z5500.html

xxxger said:
Thank you for all the trouble to explain ... :D
I think i take someone advice from here, get a dvd sound system, instead of just a multimedia computer speaker that all ... =)
How is your Marantz SR4300 amp? must be very cool ....
I today went to IMM agagin ... and saw this model RX-V659 .... so tempting
http://www.yamaha-hifi.com/index.php?&idcat1=1&idcat2=2&idcat3=2&idprod=1311&lang=e&country=UK
and match with the following speaker system :
NS-555/NS-333/NS-C444 and subwoofer YST-SW315
I first time buy these type of thing ... really dun know good anot lor ... :embrass:

:bsmilie: ... good choice ... is it within your budget? :think:

dEthANGeL said:
:bsmilie: ... good choice ... is it within your budget? :think:

hehe .... actually i not enough money .... therefore will work hard and earn $ ... ;p
... work very hard ... when tired le, think of my dream system, then will wake up and work hard again ... :lovegrin:

Thank :kiss:

.. dun mind i piggy back here... wad is a gd 2.1ch speakers for PC? price abt $100+/- abit... ;p

sORe-EyEz said:
.. dun mind i piggy back here... wad is a gd 2.1ch speakers for PC? price abt $100+/- abit... ;p

Altec Lansing ATP3 - $75-79

ya .... Altec Lansing is good ... my old 880 now still produce good sound .... :thumbsup:

dEthANGeL said:
Altec Lansing ATP3 - $75-79

thanks 4 de suggestion. :) any comments on JBL Duet? :embrass:

sORe-EyEz said:
thanks 4 de suggestion. :) any comments on JBL Duet? :embrass:

If you're willing to splurge on the duet .. you might as well get the Aego 2 ...Website .. but then again .. this will put you off your budget.. but this is seriously one of the best musical sounding PC 2.1 speakers ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.