anyone using sigma sd10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincity

Jul 16, 2005
hi anyone using sigma sd10?
does any of the local shops sell it and for how much..

thanks!

sincity said:
hi anyone using sigma sd10?
does any of the local shops sell it and for how much..

thanks!

er...you'll be better off buying a cheap nikon D50 2nd hand rather than the SD10. it uses a (Correct me) 3.1megapixel Foevon sensor and sigma claims tht it produces 10mp of output. only one AF point i think.

but if u can get it for say...$500 new, then why not? :)

not sure if any shops sells

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
er...you'll be better off buying a cheap nikon D50 2nd hand rather than the SD10. it uses a (Correct me) 3.1megapixel Foevon sensor and sigma claims tht it produces 10mp of output. only one AF point i think.

but if u can get it for say...$500 new, then why not? :)

not sure if any shops sells

hmm
i was reading dpreview on the sigma sd9 and it seems that it is capable to producing images comparable to the canon d60..

so the sd10 *should* perform much better than the sd10..
i was wondering if there are any shops that sell it and that i can go down and give it a test run or something

probably better off getting a 2nd hand 300d or d70 ...

This was one of those odd DSLRs that appealed to me in the past. If I'm not mistaken, there's one for sale at Lord's Photo in Lucky Plaza. Take a trip down there or give them a call to get a quote. It's quite an old camera, considering how fast technology moves these days. I think you might be able to get it cheap, but do bear in mind that some of the top entry-level DSLRs such as the Nikon D70 and Canon EOS 350D are selling at reasonable prices as well.

can read abt the SD10 here.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/sigma_sd10.html

the foevon sensor, according to overseas reviews, does produce stunning RAW ONLY images, which must be processed using the supplied software. its a 3.4 MP (effective) cam but with 3 photo detectors for each pixel location (fuzzy maths.. but dats how sigma comes up with 10.6 million sensor photo detectors) - 1 detector per color (RGB). i've yet to see any local photogs i know who used this. btw, the last set dat was sold here in Buy/Sell was sold by nikonsiao, on behalf of his fren. :)

there's only 1 little problem with using the SD10 - u have to use sigma SA-mount lenses. ie u have very limited selection (if any) lenses available locally.

It's not so much of the camera technology itself, but rather the system. Even if Sigma did make a camera as good as any other, it would have virtually zero re-sale value the moment you buy it. The Sigma SA-mount lenses are rare enough on the first-hand market, let alone 2nd hand. And how many Sigma SLR users would there be in S'pore, or even worldwide? That's the problem I faced when I first purchased the SA-300N film SLR. Good camera, good value but pretty much worthless after that.

Well that's my opinion, lah.

nightwolf75 said:
can read abt the SD10 here.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/sigma_sd10.html

the foevon sensor, according to overseas reviews, does produce stunning RAW ONLY images, which must be processed using the supplied software. its a 3.4 MP (effective) cam but with 3 photo detectors for each pixel location (fuzzy maths.. but dats how sigma comes up with 10.6 million sensor photo detectors) - 1 detector per color (RGB). i've yet to see any local photogs i know who used this. btw, the last set dat was sold here in Buy/Sell was sold by nikonsiao, on behalf of his fren. :)

there's only 1 little problem with using the SD10 - u have to use sigma SA-mount lenses. ie u have very limited selection (if any) lenses available locally.

Good points and 100% agreed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.