Anyone using Olympus IS-series film cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeobenson

Oct 28, 2006
I own a is-1000 or also know as Is-1, i got it second hand, other then the loading ( some loose racket ) the camera takes very good pictures. I have absolutely no complain except for the 35mm , i wish is is a 28mm wide angle, puting on a wide angle lens is so..... troublesome and expensive .....
I used it for a few wedding photos, even in very challenge lighting the pics turns out just wonderful. It is a very worthwhile camera if you still want to stick to film. It makes those very expensive SLR a laughing stock! it is really just point and shoot.
I almost want to buy another is , this would be is-3 and the TTL flash G40, but I think film is getting more expesive, so I stop investing in them, but i do miss and love taking pic using film camera. ( i do have quite a few film cameras ( mostly Olympus OM series ) ) I still keeping my is 1000 ..... The pic taken can match any of my OM series camera pic.... and to mention other SLR!!

The IS-series is interesting. I wasn't sure I would like it after my OM-1N died but the IS-20DLX that I have is a reasonably fast camera though the fixed lens made me wonder how successful/frustrating it would be.

The series did lead to some interesting digital cameras from Olympus, though, until the Supersonic Wave Filter was developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom